25 January 2007

Goodies in the Mail

Just a quick post to say THANK YOU to a few very kind and thoughtful ladies who brightened my day when I checked my mail yesterday.

1. Maureen C: for the wonderful Arty MeMe Challenge gift. This is my first fabric postcard and I just love it! In fact, until I held this one, I had never even seen on in person. A first for me---YIPPEE. The photo really does not do it justice. There is soooo much detail that I just could not capture. It's very dimensional, and colorful. It has a netting sort of cover over the top of the CQ , and then it is quilted and framed with rick-rack.

I was actually sort of surprised that it was able to be sent through the mail. And that it got here in excellent condition. WOW...shocker!!!!





2. Elizabet (and Judyth) for the baggie of fabrics, laces, buttons, beads, charms, and threads. This little surprise is a 'reward' for taking part in the Halloween Art Doll Contest that Elizabet hosted in October.

3. Ati for this sweet little heart with the fairy and butterfly on it. This was part of a swap on our Chains of Hearts (COH) group. I still owe a butterfly heart to Ati, which I hope to be mailing this weekend.

2 comments:

Maureen said...

I'm glad it got there safely Gerry.and even happier that you like it!
Maureen

Susan said...

Oh, you got the swirly heart! That one is so pretty - all her hearts are beautiful, though.

The postcard is great - I haven't seen one done with a rickrack edge - I will have to try that. And safe all the way from Queensland! I'm impressed. Maybe it was the net?