15 February 2010

Still At It.........

but at least now I can see the end of it! It can't believe it's been so long since I really scrubbed my house. I've managed to get the rooms upstairs cleaned and organized, including changing out a couple of light fixtures, closets, windows, screens, yada, yada, yada.

In our bedroom I did pull some old curtain toppers out of the closet and put them up but they are a little too ruffley (is that a word?) so they probably won't stay. The point was to have the curtain rods look like they actually serve a purpose. And also to help cover the tops of the roller shades we put in recently. At the time we paint in here, I'll probably put something a little more mature up. LOL.



In our bathroom I managed to get the closets reorganized and prettied up the bathtub area a little. I also put together this wall sconce and dried flowers. I'm trying to decide what color to paint in here. There is a sort of lime green in there now which isn't quite working for me.



In the "Jill" bedroom I finally got my favorite picture hung up, one of my dolls out (a 1950's, 21" Snow White), a 1889 antique wedding dress, and some vintage embroidered pillowcases and doilies out. In case you haven't guessed this is my girly room.



In the "Jack" bedroom, I made curtains. Yes, more curtains! The three small windows above the bed let in A LOT of light in the morning as well as a lot of heat on summer evenings. I wanted to do something that let some light in without closing them off completely. I made the straps so that they can be released and the curtain will drop when needed. I think this will work!



(BTW, we call these rooms the Jack and Jill because they have a bathroom in between them.)

In DH's office I also hung some curtains that I had in the closet. I'm not going to spend a lot of time in there because he will be moving his office downstairs and this room will become a bedroom and reading room. I did change the ceiling light fixture though.....all by myself!!

I wonder if I could get a job as a handy-woman???? Or maybe as an apprentice decorator/seamstress.

Well, that's it for now. I'm off to start downstairs. I need to have this all wrapped up by Thursday afternoon so that I can start shopping and cooking for DH's 61st birthday party on Friday.

I'm also working on cropping/editing some photos from our trip at Christmas, presents that I made my nieces, and some CQ pieces that have been finished/received.

And I haven't forgotten about the "Hope" bags for Haiti or the Pillowcase Project. No worries - I'll have those finished up and out of here by the end of the month.

Have a great evening.


Until Next time...Happy Needling!!!

Gerry

4 comments:

Linda Fleming said...

Good grief, Gerry! I need a nap just from reading about all you've been doing. Your beautiful home sure reflects all your hard work and love you've put into it. But I think you're working too hard and need an Edna Mae to help you ;)

Judy S. said...

You sure have been busy, Gerry! I love those curtains that you made. Where do you get all that energy?

Cat said...

You're a busy girl.
Love to see the pics of the house, but surprised not to see my little friend Fritz in any of the pictures...

Oh Fritz... where are you???
Is he doing okay? Still chasing his toys around?

Those are some way cool curtains in the Jack bedroom!

And... A big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your sweetie. You guys enjoy the weekend!

XO, Cat

Gerry said...

Hi Linda, Judy and Cat,
I thinks my energy reserve comes from shear bordom. LOL.

Thank you for the compliments on the draperies. It was a very rewarding challenge.