02 April 2010

Updates

Just a quickie update on a couple of projects I'm working on . First is the horse quilt. As you can see I haven't been spending very much time with it. I've only gotten two of the four horse stencils added. Working these small areas have proven to be far more time consuming than I thought they would be. For that reason, in part, I've also been reconsidering whether or not I really want to quilt this by hand. I guess I could machine quilt it but my I still have my frame downstairs in about a gazillion pieces.

And getting it put back together seems like a daunting task at this point. Another option would be to have someone else quilt it for me. I popped into a local quilt shop earlier this week and got a recommendation for a woman here in Longmont who does just that. All I need to do is pick up the phone and get an estimate on the cost. That will probably be the determining factor.





The next photo is a heart block that I made for a friend who recently lost her husband. It's part of a larger project but because I'm not sure if it's a surprise, I can't say anymore about it right now. But when I'm sure that I'm not letting the cat out of the bag, I'll be back with more details.

I can tell you that it was really nice to stitch on a small crazy quilt block again. Maybe keeping it simple is the way to go! From beginning to end, outer border and all, I was able to whip this little puppy out in just a few hours. Of course, I did have heart-felt motivation.

The final photos that I share with you today are my prize winnings from Sandi's recent blog give away. Needless to say, I was shocked when I got an email from her. I rarely enter give aways and I almost never win. So, this was a really nice surprise!

In case you can't really tell from the photo, this little gifty included the most adorable Easter card (check out that purple...how did she know???), several candies (all of which I consider my favorites), some darling cookie cutters (which I will probably use in my craft work because I don't bake), a cute, fuzzy little bunny (that Fritz was sure must be his), a fun little basket with handles,

a good size piece of fabric that looks like a variety of vintage hankies, twenty-five, assorted 5" charms, AND a packet of coordinating buttons (I see a great future project here!!!)

Thank you Sandi!

Well, I guess that's it for now. I do want to wish everyone a Happy (and safe) Easter. I'm spending Easter with family in Arizona. An added treat will be that my aunt, who I haven't seen in years, just happens to be visiting at the same time! What fun, huh? I see crafting in my future. LOL.

Take care all.

Until Next time...Happy Needling!!!


Gerry

5 comments:

Kathy Raker said...

Gerry,
Your horse quilt block looks great. Hope you get a good price.
Congratulations on winning all the goodies. They are adorable and your heart quilt for a friend will be treasured I'm sure.

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Hey, Girlfriend!
Keeping it special and small may just be the answer! Beautiful work, as always! Be safe in your travels and have a great time with your family! Love ya!

FredaB said...

If it isn't too expensive I would have the woman do it for me. I used to make the tops and luckily had an amish group up near our cottage in Wisconsin and they would hand quilt them for me. Left me time to do other things plus I would be lucky to have even 1 done by now.

Have a great vacation.

Hugs

FredaB

Ruth F in Pgh said...

Gerri, the pieces are beautiful. I wish I had your patience and skill. Can't wait for the next pictures.

Gerry said...

Thank you, Ladies. And Ruth, I'm not sure it's so much patience and skill as it is emotional release! LOL.