24 March 2010

Is It Really Spring????

You certainly wouldn't think so by looking out my windows this morning. In fact, the view is more of a Winter Wonderland!

From the looks of it we got nearly a foot of snow from the storm that came in fast and furious yesterday afternoon. Not our typical storm at all. For the most part the snow was literally blowing sideways. And is/was so heavy and wet that it's still stuck to the side of houses, fence posts, etc.

I was a bit surprised to find our regular little visitor perched in the tree this morning. It was knocking the snow off of the berries and having breakfast as if nothing had changed. I don't know if this is the same robin that visits each time but we have had a robin in that tree, almost daily since we moved in.

Hopefully, it will warm a little and clear a little and the sun will find a way to peak through the fog and greet us. In the mean time, I think I'll cuddle up on the couch with Fritz and do a little stitching.

Be careful if you have to be out and about today!


Until Next time...Happy Needling!!!


Gerry

4 comments:

Cat said...

Spring storms are so depressing to me! That's a heavy one!! Good thing is that they don't stay long, I hope it has melted by now!

Spring WILL come!

What a brave robin you have that visits! He'll get worms soon...

XO, C

Judy S. said...

Hope the snow has all melted away by now, Gerry. That's one of my memories from living in Colorado, the snow melts as quickly as it accumulates, especially in the spring. At any rate, stay warm! BTW, I like the new look..

ZONE F DG TEAM said...

Doesn't look to springy to me. Here's to hoping the weather gets more promising soon.

Kathy Raker said...

I couldn't remember where you lived. :) I thought when you mentioned a foot of snow perhaps it was Canada. I guess I need to watch the weather channel more often. We are getting some rain and it has been cold. Hope you get sun to melt that white stuff real quick.