To my little corner of the world where there is no limit to creativity. Where possibilities are endless. Where life happens and is embraced. And where a sense of humor is a must!

Sewing Southpaw...

Is the place where I share my creativity, my hobbies, and other stuff!


PET STORE PUPPIES AND INTERNET PUPPIES ARE PUPPY MILL PUPPIES.

NEVER BUY A PUPPY FROM A PET STORE OR FROM THE INTERNET...

STOP THE CRUELTY. DON'T SHOP - ADOPT!




NMDR Website

Colorado Miniature Schnauzer Rescue

Miniature Schnauzer Vintage Dog Rescue


Email sign photo emailsign.gif



Translators:
OR:



This is my son - all grown up.
I'm so very proud of him!
But I wish he would call
just a little more often :-)
Hugs, Mom

Fritz Von Woofshmidt
01/10/2000 - 01/04/2014



Fritz (aka Boo)
The very bestest doggy ever!


Visit My Shoppes

SSCandQ
  • Etsy
  • Ebay
  • PayPal
  • Email Me




  • Eye Candy Links
    My Photos At

    flickr

    www.flickr.com
    Hookstragang's My Own Creations photosetHookstragang's My Own Creations photoset






    In Loving Memory of
    Bella Donna


    In the short time that we had together your unconditional love filled our lives with happiness, and our hearts with joy.

    Your passing leaves us forever changed.

    Rest in peace my sweet, darling, little girl.

    July 5, 2006
    to
    October 19, 2007


    Legal Guide
    For Bloggers

    Free Web Site Graphics:



    Leather To Lace




    for visiting my blog





    Powered by Blogger

     





    “The most potent muse of all is our own inner child.”
    Stephen Nachmanovitch

    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Colorado, United States



    I'm a wife, a mom, a dog lover, a complete lefty, a true scorpio, and I'm on a creative journey. I welcome you to join me.



    Sewing Southpaw...

    Is the place where I share my creativity, my hobbies, and other stuff!


    12 July 2010

    Witch's Hat

    Some time back I saw this post about a Witchi-poo-hat over at MamaBear's blog and I knew that I had to try my hand at it.

    Since I didn't plan on making a full size, wearable hat, I used "A Mini Witch's Hat" pattern that I found HERE. But when I printed it out, it was about pincushion size and that's not what I had in mind either. In the end I opted to make the hat a little larger and just have a fun decorative item to display. The finished hat is 9 1/2 " tall by 9" across.

    I did have to do some tweaking to the pattern as I was putting it together. And I chose to substitute some of the materials to suit my purposes. As such, if you decide to try your hand at making one of these lovely little hats, I would suggest doing a practice run before you actually begin your masterpiece. Do-overs can be frustrating and disappointing!

    So, without further adieu.............drum roll please.............

    My finished Witch's Hat -












    Thanks for visiting and please be sure to let me know if you decide to make a Witch's Hat of your own. I would love to see your photos, too.



    Until Next time...Happy Needling!!!

    Gerry

    Labels: , ,

    10 Comments:

    Blogger Momma Bear said...

    Gerry It's wonderful!
    just perfect for the table on Halloween!
    II love the date for the establishment of the BHS, i didn't even think of that.
    I also love how colorful yours is, I think I was in a rather black mood last october.
    great work! I love it!

    July 12, 2010 at 1:07 PM  
    Blogger Lauri said...

    Love it!! Very cute. I especially like the "est 1692" part
    Lauri

    July 12, 2010 at 1:39 PM  
    Blogger Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

    oh my gosh! I love it! You are just so talented. I do not have that kind of talent.

    July 12, 2010 at 6:25 PM  
    Blogger Judy S. said...

    How cute, Gerry! What did you use around the outside rim? That hat would make for one very well-dressed witch!

    July 12, 2010 at 8:28 PM  
    Blogger FredaB said...

    Gerry this is wonderful. right away I wanted to make one for me and one for my daughter. You can't keep us crazy quilters away from anything.

    Hugs

    FredaB

    July 14, 2010 at 6:20 PM  
    Blogger Charlene ♥ SC said...

    What a great project! You might think of opening haberdashery or millinery shoppes! Speaking of, are you familiar with
    http://tdiptmercantile.com/artisanpage.html ? I think of you when I go there. Hope all is well on your side!

    July 17, 2010 at 10:45 AM  
    Blogger Maddie Can Fly said...

    Gorgeous Gerry! I have a pattern for a big one but have not even attempted it yet.

    July 20, 2010 at 9:05 AM  
    Blogger Gerry said...

    You are all so very sweet! I had fun with this project. I would love to see your hats, if you decide to try one.

    July 20, 2010 at 10:24 AM  
    Blogger Cathy K said...

    This is toooo cute! You are so clever - love the Black Hat Society! And we know how you love Halloween, so I expect to see a CQ’ed witch next year, LOL! Hugs, Cathy

    July 28, 2010 at 9:53 PM  
    Blogger Gerry said...

    Boy, I'm gonna have to think about that one. LOL. A CQ'd witch sounds a little complicated. How 'bout you make one first and let me borrow the pattern?

    See you soon!

    August 3, 2010 at 2:04 PM  

    Post a Comment

    Links to this post:

    Create a Link

    << Home