10 February 2008

Sunday Run Down

First of all, thank you to Mindy for this darling, handmade Valentine's Day card. Look, it has my name on it :-)



Yesterday, I got a surprise visit from my dear friend, Sharon. She and her DH were running errands and stopped by to say HELLO. It was wonderful to see her again. My DH and hers hit it off nicely. They hung out on the patio, playing ball with Fritz and visiting while Sharon and I sat in the house and gabbed.

We spent some time looking through some of the blocks that I've received for the STS-Spring block share and other goodies that I've been collecting from swaps for projects to someday finish.

This is Sharon's block and also a cute little felt needle case that she brought as a gift. Wasn't that sweet? I keep saying that I need to put a 'travel kit' together. One that I don't dismantle everytime I come home. I think this little needle case will fit in perfectly. Thank you again, Sharon.





These fun little guys are new to my collection of studio stuff. LOL. They are right at home and settled in nicely. I wish I could remember whose blog I saw them on. As soon as I saw them, I just had to have them. They are a lot bigger than I thought they would be, about 4 1/2" tall and 3" or so wide.






While I was shopping for my shelf sitters, I noticed a clearance on these adorable little funky chairs. So, I bought them too. You can never have enough seating! LOL.





Friday I got a totally new experience. I participated in a Webinar with Blurb, the make your own book place. This is the same place that Pat published her book.

Anyway, it was incredibly helpful in understanding what is involved in putting a book together, tips on using their tools, and even marketing your book. If you're thinking about putting a book of your own together, I highly recommend that you take the Webinar from them. It's free, takes about an hour, and is soooo worth it.

I'm giving some serious thought to putting my own coffee table book together from our vacation to Denmark in June, 2006. And after that who knows. LOL.

Finally, I keep forgetting to post this photo from our trip to Longmont. This huge stone buffalo sits just outside the complex where DH will be working. It's really quite cool to see in person. And the mountains behind it are awesome.



Well, I better scoot. I've got a pot of chicken tortilla soup on the stove, a block to piece, photos to post, and whatever else comes up.

Until Next time...Happy Needling!!!



5 comments:

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

Loving the collection! Too cool!

I also really like the buffalo. Is he life size or bigger?

I am glad you liked your Valentine!

Susan said...

That's a beautiful Valentine. She's very artistic. What a nice surprise to have Sharon stop in! I love the little needlebook.

Your purchases are just the cutest little things. I wish I had a shelf to put some up!

I've seen that buffalo, but didn't get a good picture of it. The mountains in eastern Colorado are beautiful, and so are the ones on the western side of the state. You'll get to take trips all over Colorado!

Cat said...

Pretty Valentine! And your shelf sitters are sooooo cool! The chairs too! Good shopping!

The block & needle case are great - I like the felt diamonds.

Are you going to blurb a book then? I downloaded that a few months ago and want to put one together - but I don't know where to find the time! It's one of my "one day" list items!

That buffalo looks stone cold!

Hugs, Cat

Charlene ♥ NC said...

What a neat needle case! I say that about having a travel kit do work on something while 'waiting' whereever. That does look like the prefect one! I LOVE your new seating! There's something quite charming about tiny chairs, isn't there? and the shelf sitters are just the cutest!

gocrazywithme said...

If you like buffaloes, you should come to Grand Junction and see our "Chrome on the Range" which is a larger than life size sculpture made from auto bumplers. He sits in front of a bank on Main Street.
Janet in Colorado