29 June 2008

Relocating to Colorado

I thought I would share a couple photos of our new home in Colorado. We'll be preparing to leave Texas over the next 4 weeks so I probably won't be around too much.

DH and I are really looking forward to the move and to being able to put our 'signature' on our new home. The finished space is smaller than our current home but we gain an unfinished basement. The mountains are fabulous and I'm not going to miss the humidity.

This is the house in the fall. When the tree's leaves come back you can barely see the entry. Notice that I finally got my front porch. It's small but it is my porch. I can't wait to use it. And hubby got his 3 car garage. Oh, life is good!

I'm going to have to learn how to care for roses. The red ones are tea roses and I'm not sure about the white ones. Anybody know?????

We're looking forward to having BBQ's on the deck, making new friends, and enjoying the quiet of not having neighbors behind us.


Well, got to go sort through boxes. I'm almost afraid to rediscover what has been lurking in the back of closets, cupboards, and cabinets all but forgotten for the past 5 years. Tootles!

Until Next time...Happy Needling!!!



6 comments:

ZONE F DG TEAM said...

Congrats on the move. Unfortunately, your still too far to bring a housewarming dessert over.

Keep us posted... we can't wait to see more pictures.

Ati said...

Dear Gerry, I am so happy for you that you have sold your house and have found an other what you like. It is a lovely house with all the corners. A nice garden too!

Cat said...

Yaaaaahhhhh!!! (I'm jumping up and down and yelling happy things for you) Waaaahooooo!!!! It's gorgeous! And you're getting closer!!! One day we'll be looking at the map and planning the motorcycle route!

Pat Winter Gatherings said...

How wonderful for you! Beautiful home, and I know you will will spend many blissful days creating and gardening there. Congrats!

Gerry said...

Thank you, thank you!!! I've getting very excited. DH and I will be starting over as empty-nesters. LOL.

Charlene ♥ NC said...

What a lovely home, Gerry! Is the bay window upstairs in your bedroom or crafting room? Or will you convert the basement to your crafting room -- so much space to work with there!! Maybe one of these days we can sit on your porch rocking or swinging and chatting! Hope all the boxes are packed and ready, and that you had a wonderful anniversary celebration! Love ya, Charlene.