16 July 2008

CQI FFT RR - Debbie's Block

Today I finished adding my work to Debbie's block. This is block 4 of 5 that I will work on in this Fabulous First Timer's (FFT) Round Robin (RR) at CQI.

This is what Debbie's block looks like so far. It has now been worked by Cindy, Peggy, Karen, and me. It's off to Diane next and then it goes home to Debbie.



My first addition to the block were the pink stitches with the gold and purple beads on the ends. The little purple silk flowers have tiny white beads at their centers. This area was fairly large and I thought something across it might be best. Maybe Diane can add something that will tie the two ends of it together. I also added the spider and web. I'm not sure how Debbie feels about those BUT I HOPE that it's okay.



The spider is purple, too!



Last I added a button/bead trail combination on a floral, gathered wire ribbon piece. And yes, I know it isn't purple but the block was starting to look like it needed another splash of color on it.




Well, I hope Debbie likes it!


Until Next time...Happy Needling!!!

2 comments:

Thelma said...

Beautiful work Gerry!! Love your additions.

Judy S. said...

I LOVE the button cluster, Gerry, and the spider! Your work adds a lot to this piece.