15 August 2009

STS - Summer 2009 Update




This is my partner, Ing's block after my work on it. She gave me a beautiful block to start with, so prettying it up was super easy.

From the orientation of the block shown, Ing worked from the top to the center and then to the right. She added the most wonderful sun to her block. As well as the clever little net in the lower right. I don't know if the photo (enlarged) will show it or not but she also added some cute little fish with blue metallic threads.

I added the fibers, bead, shells, and charms to the left hand side, just to the left of the mermaid. I also added the SRE roses to her head piece. And the seam treatments and embellishments at the bottom. And I just couldn't resist adding a little anchor to her net.



I'm really excited to get my block back and see what magic she worked on it. I just know I will LOVE IT!!!!



This next photo is my latest adventure in PhotoShop. When I decided to make a banner for my blog, I put together a collage of my works. I'm still tweaking it but it's been a great learning experience.





And finally, I had to toss in a couple photos of my furbaby, Fritz. He's such a good doggy. I just love him to pieces.

This is one of his favorite toys, Eeyore aka Eeyboo. He was playing with it on the landing and when if fell down the stair, he looked so forlorn that I had to take a picture.







Well, DH is done wrenching on his motorcycle. We've both had showers and it's time to get this party started. Take care all and enjoy the rest of your weekend!





2 comments:

Cat said...

I enlarged the mermaid block and it is beautiful! You have both done gorgeous work! The "feather stitch" of beads is cool.

Your collage of crazy quilt is great, you are GOOD with the computer, and with your blog layout. I like the soft pink quilted background of your blog now.

Fritz Fritz Fritz... what a character!

Did I hear a Harley start to rumble? Where are we going?

Smiles, Cat

FredaB said...

Hi

The mermaid block is just beautiful. All the great ideas and that magnificent sun. That block is sure a keeper.

I also enjoyed your music and left it on while we had dinner. The Celtic Women are one of my favorites also Enya.

Hugs

FredaB