10 September 2009

STS - Summer 2009 Update

My lovely block made it home about two weeks ago and I completely spaced off posting photos - duh! In case you missed it in previous postings, Ing and I were partners for this season's block share. This is the first time that we have worked on a project together and it is so nice to now have a sampling of her lovely work. Needless to say, I am very pleased with my completed block. It is far more beautiful than I had hoped for. It's so nice to have high expectations and still be surprised. LOL.

A bit more background: When this block share was announced on CQN I naturally wanted to choose a theme that was in keeping with the spirit of the year long project, yet I longed to do something different. Something more interesting and challenging than I had done in the past. Something outside what is generally considered the seasonal norms. Something that would have a duality in purpose and meaning. Something with a more personal meaning to me.

So.... My theme is related to four Pagan sabbats. The first being Litha, which is more commonly known as the Summer Solstice. The other three blocks, in keeping with my chosen theme will be those of Yule (Winter Solstice), Ostara (Spring Equinox), and Mabon (Autumn Equinox). (Oh, I guess I just stepped out of the broom closet. LOL)

Anyway, Ing was just wonderful to work with. I had only two requests for this block: 1) to maintain a fairly specific theme; and 2) a general color scheme. Ing really went all out on this block and she absolutely came through for me. I am so thankful to her for taking the time to research this celebration, to seek out some of the related history, and for adding items to my block that are truly representative of the theme. As you can see from the photos, she was just as attentive to the color scheme, not to mention how wonderfully creative her embellishments are. She even sent a variety of beautiful threads back with my block!

Okay, enough delay.....let's look at photos.








Thank you so much, Ing for being such a good friend.


Well, I'm off to find a couple of goodies to send out tomorrow with my Mabon block. So for now, I leave you with this poem:

(author unknown)

Go about your own path.
I will go about mine.

Should we meet and agree,
it will be beautiful.

If we do not, then it too,
will be beautiful.

For your path has its own beauty
and wondrous sights as does mine.

The greatest beauty will be for us to
share our experiences and be made
richer by our differences.




Until Next time...Happy Needling!!!



4 comments:

FredaB said...

Gi Gerry

Ing did a gorgeous job on this block. I realy liked the way she did the sun and printed on the fabric.

I can see why you were so pleased.

I also like the music that is playing with it. Is it the Celtic gals?

Hugs

FredaB

Cat said...

This is just beautiful, so full of summer details.

:) Cat

Charlene ♥ NC said...

I love your theme, and such lovely work Ing has done. Anxious to see the next round.
Hugs and puppy kisses!

Gerry said...

Hello Ladies! Freda, I do love the sun also. And for a change I get to take some credit. LOL. I printed the center pieces for my blocks. Ing also added the small sequins though to balance out the left side.

Hi Cat, it's great to see you. I hope you had a wonderful long weekend. Love the stitch work you're doing lately.

Charlene, hey! I was afraid I would take some flack over my theme. I appreciate the kudos. Hugs and kisses back at ya.