21 September 2009

CQI Retreat 2009

I thought I would take advantage of the time I have on this dreary, rainy morning to post an update here on my poor, neglected blog before I am once again not posting for a few days. LOL.

As some of you might know, I've been sorting, organizing, packing, and checking off my (very long) list in preparation for this year's CQ retreat, which will be help in Breckenridge, Colorado.

The "RETREAT" is set to begin on September 24th and run through September 28th. Luckily, I live close enough to head out early(ish) on Thursday morning and be there in plenty of time to meet up with the rest of those who are attending.

Last year, at this same time, we held our first CQ Retreat in Colorado. We had a great turn out, put faces to email addresses, made new friends, shared ideas and techniques, went shopping, exchanged gifts, and ended our short time together already planning for the next retreat.

Well, not only will we see our 'old friends' again this year, we will also have many, many new comers. And thanks to Leslie's thoughtfull planning we are all able to stay together (or in close proximity) at the "Main Condo" instead of spending most of our time driving back and forth each day.

Gerry Krueger has taken on the responsibility of being our "Food Goddess" this year. And from the menu information she has provided, we will not only be eating healthy but probably eating way too much. LOL. She is even bringing homemade granola with her, in her suitcase, from her home in Washington state.

Since the majority of our time will be spent stitching (and gabbing), I have prepared a PILE of projects to take with me. One of them will be this Crazy Quilted Christmas Stocking, aka Victorian Boot Christmas Stocking for CQN (more details on this swap later). You can find more information on previous year's swaps 2006 here, and 2007 here.





Well, I best go finish my laundry, sort trims and lace, and dig out some large suitcases! Have a great day.


Until Next time...Happy Needling!!!


Gerry

6 comments:

Maddie Can Fly said...

I hope you have a great time. I'm so bummed that all I do is work and never get to attend anything fun. Please be sure and give us a complete rundown of everything. Take notes!

Courtney Short said...

I have only been to one CQ retreat but had so much fun!!!! HOpe you enjoy it!!

Judy S. said...

Sounds like a really fun weekend! Wish I lived closer!

Linda Fleming said...

Gerry, I love those stockings! Hope you have a wonderful time at your retreat and enjoy every moment of it.

Cat said...

This all sounds terrific. I hope you ARE having a wonderful time!

Gerry said...

OMG! Look who comes to visit while I'm gone!

Hello ladies, thanks so much for your well wishes. I'm really needed this get away time.

I will visit each of you and leave a comment there. Tootles!