10 October 2009

2009 VBCS - Update

My Crazy Quilted Christmas Stocking, aka Victorian Boot Christmas Stocking is nearly finished. I don't know why I decided to do a two-sided boot. I guess I forgot how much work it could be. LOL. But now that it's done, I'm really glad that I did it. For now, the boot is approximately 14" tall and approximately 7" wide across the bottom.

Hopefully, this little beauty will be on its way to Mary (swap hostess at CQN) in the next few days. But if that's going to happen I need to get the cuff, lining, and hanger finished.....SO I'M OFF!

Have a great day, all. And thank you for visiting!











Until Next time...Happy Needling!!!


Gerry

6 comments:

Lesley UK said...

I love your work. Blessed be Lesley

Karen said...

Gerry,
I really enjoyed my stop at your blog! Your boot is great, I am thinking this pattern will make a great Witch's boot. Guessing you have already done that since you surely love Halloween!!

Cat said...

Oh my gosh that's a lot of work! Turning out beautiful! I like seeing the progressive pictures.

Gerry said...

Hi Lesley, thank you so much for the compliment. I love your witch pillows. Oddly, I don't have any of those. LOL.

Hi Karen, it's good to see you out and about. You and Lesley must be in cahoots because I don't have a witch's boot, either. Now I'm 0 for 2.

Hi Cat! Yes, it is a lot of work but it's great therapy. And I can use the therapy. LOL.

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Gerry, What a gorgeous stocking. You do beautiful work and are so very talented. Love your blog and I so enjoyed my visit. Thank you for stopping by today too.

Hugs, Celestina Marie

Gerry said...

Hello Celestina. Thank you for your kind words, and for visiting. I am in awe of your work and it's always a pleasure to visit you.