10 August 2010

Main Floor Bath Finished

This is where we started (08/08)



This was the first change (05/09)



After we (pretty much ) gutted it (06/10)



After the tile (07/10)



And this is where we ended up (07/10)

We opted for a "vintage look" by changing out all of the fixtures to chrome and/or white porcelain, including the lighting which is chrome with white alabaster glass globes. And the pedestal sink and toilet both have very pretty, decorative features. I just love the very 1920's look that it has.

We were stuck with the purple tile in the tub/shower but were able make it work by using my existing purple towels and various accessories. We also took down the lace shower curtain and frosted liner, and replaced it with a set of chocolate brown, faux suede, floor length panels, and a clear liner.



In this photo you can see that we reworked the builder's grade medicine cabinet. We removed the door, sanded and stained it, lined it, and filled it with a variety of apothecary jars, pretty soaps, and basic needs type items for guests.



Because we lost all of our storage when we tossed out the purple vanity and cabinet, we borrowed space from the hall closet and installed a small "necessity" space behind the bathroom door.




Well that's it! The main floor remodeling (except for my office and pantry) is finally complete. Now we need to decide if we're going revamp our master bed and bath or work on finishing the basement. Hmmmmmm. I know what I want to do but I fear I will not prevail on this one! LOL.

Thanks for stopping by to visit and look around. I'll be back later with an HERBS post.

Until Next time...Happy Needling!!!

Gerry

3 comments:

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

Sweet! I just love it!

Judy S. said...

Lovely! You sure have a great talent for decorating/remodeling!

Gerry said...

Some days I wonder why I don't have a contractor's license. LOL.

And BTW, I enjoy demo much more than constructing!!!!