20 December 2010

CQI Retreat 2010

Can you believe that our retreat was nearly three months ago already? I'm telling you...time is passing way too quickly for me!

Anyway, here are the list moms Hideko, Leslie, Kerry, and Cathy.



Cathy, Ingrid, Kerry, Juli, Hideko, and Josie.



Colleen, Lauri, Leslie, Ilys, Janet, and Freda.



Diane, Claudina, Connie, Shari, and Ilys.



Colleen, Cathy, Jacque, Connie, Freda, Josie, and Ingrid.



Needless to say, the views were just gorgeous!





This is the crazy quilted teddy bear that Lauri made for the Chinese auction. The photos don't even come close to doing it justice. Its about 16 tall (standing) and has jointed arms and legs. The stitching and bead work is to die for!!! But then again, we've come to expect that from Lauri's work. Josie took this little beauty home with here to Texas.



This is the dress form pincushion that I made for the auction. Lauri took her home.

For the dress form and the apron I used free internet patterns and tweaked them a bit. Finished she stands nearly a foot tall.



Because 'she' ended up being so busty, I felt compelled to add an extension/bib to the apron for modesty's sake. I added the cameo necklace to fancy her up and of course, had to make her a set of pretty pins to show off.

The apron was meant to be an adult scalloped apron but I shrunk it down to doll size. Each scallop section is cut and sewn separately. I also added the crossing straps and neck strap, and the scissors hanging from the pocket area. To finish it properly, I lined it.



For the base I stained a wooden dowel and the wooden base. Wrapped thread around some craft spools, used a vintage spool and thread that I had, added a couple of sewing notion charms, as well as a couple buttons and mini clothes pins.



Sadly, I didn't take any other photos of of the auction or of the TONS of wonderful goodies given away. From beautifully crafted needle books, a lovely embroidered tea cozy, stunning Obie's from Japan, darling little rocking chair pincushions, a fabulous 'crazy quilter starter' gift package, and even an Ott light!!!! How cool is that?

As for the give away goodies, these are the gifties that I gave: Bookmarks and matchbook needle books.



Until Next time...Happy Needling!!!

Gerry

4 comments:

Lauri said...

Wow!! You've been a busy girl. I love my pincushion. She is sitting on my CQ table. The table is actually clean and I haven't had the heart to mess it up so she hasn't seen a true cq mess yet. LOL
Thank you so much for her
Lauri

Judy S. said...

What a neat bunch of craft ladies all in one place! That's a fun tradition you all have started.

Josie said...

Hi Gerry!

WOW! You have been busy!!! Your remodeling project is awesome!!! Wish I was there to help you because I love to do this kind of stuff!!!! Looking at the retreat pics brought back wonderful memories! It was so much fun, especially meeting everyone in person! Say "Hi" to Gene for me and give Fritzi a little hug!

Josie in Texas

Gerry said...

Hello Lauri and Judy. It's so nice to see you. Thanks for visiting and for your kind words.


Howdy Josie!
Thanks for visiting my blog and for your kind words. And believe me, I also wish you were here to help me with the remodeling! Hugs.