27 December 2012

CQJP 2012 - Book Finished

Today I would like to share a few photos of the book I completed from my CQJP 2012 project blocks. This is the first time that I have worked tone on tone blocks. The concept just never appealed to me. I assumed that tone on tone would be tedious and boring. I WAS SOOOOO WRONG!



The binding/spine was a little more difficult than I anticipated, so it took a bit longer to get it finished. And since the pages are hand stitched to the spine, I opted for a doubled strand of hand quilting thread.

All in all, I'm quite happy with the way it turned out. In fact, I like it so much that I'm thinking about making another book for me in the CQJP 2013 challenge.

Another fun bit of news... My cover block was featured by Craft Gossip on December 17th! Thanks for the heads up, Terri/Shell.

Well, that's it for now. I hope that everyone had a nice Holiday Celebration, regardless of what and how you celebrate. I also wish everyone a safe, happy, and fun New Year!


Until Next time...Happy Needling!!!

Gerry

1 comment:

Cat said...

Gerry - how pretty! How fun! I think book form is a wonderful way to display the beautiful art work of crazy quilting!