To my little corner of the world where there is no limit to creativity. Where possibilities are endless. Where life happens and is embraced. And where a sense of humor is a must!

Sewing Southpaw...

Is the place where I share my creativity, my hobbies, and other stuff!


PET STORE PUPPIES AND INTERNET PUPPIES ARE PUPPY MILL PUPPIES.

NEVER BUY A PUPPY FROM A PET STORE OR FROM THE INTERNET...

STOP THE CRUELTY. DON'T SHOP - ADOPT!




NMDR Website

Colorado Miniature Schnauzer Rescue

Miniature Schnauzer Vintage Dog Rescue


Email sign photo emailsign.gif



Translators:
OR:



This is my son - all grown up.
I'm so very proud of him!
But I wish he would call
just a little more often :-)
Hugs, Mom

Fritz Von Woofshmidt
01/10/2000 - 01/04/2014



Fritz (aka Boo)
The very bestest doggy ever!


Visit My Shoppes

SSCandQ
  • Etsy
  • Ebay
  • PayPal
  • Email Me




  • Eye Candy Links
    My Photos At

    flickr

    www.flickr.com
    Hookstragang's My Own Creations photosetHookstragang's My Own Creations photoset






    In Loving Memory of
    Bella Donna


    In the short time that we had together your unconditional love filled our lives with happiness, and our hearts with joy.

    Your passing leaves us forever changed.

    Rest in peace my sweet, darling, little girl.

    July 5, 2006
    to
    October 19, 2007


    Legal Guide
    For Bloggers

    Free Web Site Graphics:



    Leather To Lace




    for visiting my blog





    Powered by Blogger

     





    “The most potent muse of all is our own inner child.”
    Stephen Nachmanovitch

    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Colorado, United States



    I'm a wife, a mom, a dog lover, a complete lefty, a true scorpio, and I'm on a creative journey. I welcome you to join me.



    Sewing Southpaw...

    Is the place where I share my creativity, my hobbies, and other stuff!


    10 February 2007

    A CQ Poem - Repost from 09/02/06

    (I just really like the poem)

    A Crazy Quilt

    They do not make them any more,
    For quilts are cheaper at the store
    Than woman's labor, though a wife
    Men think the cheapest thing in life.
    But now and then a quilt is spread
    Upon quaint old walnut bed,
    A crazy quilt of those days
    That I am old enough to praise.

    Some woman sewed these points and squares
    Into a pattern like life's cares.
    Here is a velvet that was stong,
    The poplin that she wore so long,
    A fragment from her daughter's dress,
    Like her, a vanished loveliness;
    Old patches of such things as these,
    Old garments and old memories.

    And what is life? A crazy quilt;
    Sorrow and joy, and grace and guilt,
    With here and there a square of blue
    For some old happiness we knew;
    And so the hand of time will take
    The fragments of our lives and make,
    Out of life's remnants, as they fall,
    A thing of beauty, after all.


    Douglas Malloch
    (Taken from The Romance of the Patchwork Quilt in America)

    Labels: , ,

    2 Comments:

    Blogger May Britt said...

    Thanks for sharing this poem. It is so beautiful.

    February 11, 2007 at 12:26 PM  
    Blogger Ati. said...

    Gerry I love this poem. Would you be so kind and mail it to me?
    I couldn't copy and paste it. And my eldest daughter will love it. Thanks in advance, Ati.

    February 17, 2007 at 1:10 PM  

    Post a Comment

    Links to this post:

    Create a Link

    << Home