19 February 2007

Catching Up....

- Life and changes
Wow, I didn't realize how long I've been out of touch with my blog, my groups, and my bloglines, etc. Finding that delicate balance between the time for family and home, and also for friends and personal endeavors is a tougher than I thought it would be. It could be that I've decided to take on too much. Or maybe just making too many changes at once.

I'm in the process of converting the last 15+ years of NetScape (phone books, bookmarks, email, etc.) to IE. Even though I still think that IE is stupid (at times), it beats the HELL out of what NetScape has been doing to me lately. It's really difficult leaving my comfort zone but I don't have much choice. Since my DH and DS use IE, I am more inclined to go along. And even though they don't use COMPUTER but continuity is convenient on a "Home Network."

I've also broken down and added "Identities" to my computer. I figured if I was going to get serious about starting a small home business, it would benefit me NOT TO use the 'administrator' settings globally. I'm sure after I get it all tweaked out, having separate settings and folders will be very nice. Fingers crossed!

However, in the process of making that conversion, I started having problems with the version of WordPerfect and QuatroPro that I was using. So I uninstalled it and upgraded. Those kinks will probably take forever to resolve! Compatible can be a subjective term. ARGGGGG. I could use Word but I don't like it. I generally avoid it when possible. But my DH assures me that "the whole world uses Word." Hmmmmmm. I'm not convinced.

I got my hair cut off on January 29th. Well, not all of it. It's still about 8" below my shoulders but I did say, "BYE-BYE" to 16" or so. I decided to get the final remaining perm, dyes, and 'frizz' removed. And with the humidity just around the corner, it's going to be much cooler.

Now that I see this in print I have to wonder if I'm not marginally insane! Or perhaps, completely! Good grief, I'm sure not making life any easier on myself, am I? LOL

Now my daily 'duties' are complete and I've decided that I am WAY ready for a break. It's time to have some fun - IT'S TIME to BLOG!!!!!

- Sharing Our Hearts (SOH)
Lots of goodies have been arriving in the mail recently. February is my month for the CQForNewbies (CQN) SOH swap. I'm supposed to receive a total of 11 of these precious hearts from the wonderful ladies in our group. Each one of them is so unique and special. So far, I've received 5 of them and absolutely adore them all. Here's where they came from:

CandiShe does such a wonderful job with SRE and the bead work is just gorgeous.

CharleneLook at the buttonhole wheels. And can you believe this geisha? I think it's wonderful, especially since it's all on pink!

LoriWhat a wonderful combination of stitches with the gold and flower button surrounded by leaves.

PeggyThis tree is magnificent. I am in awe of the contour and depth of the trunk.

SusanThis is a great spider web. There is also a tiny spider in it. Too cute!

Thank you so much ladies. I know there was a lot of time and HEART put into each one of these. I appreciate it very much. I will treasure them!

-Chains of Hearts (COH)
I've also received a beautiful swap heart from Jo in the Chains of Hearts (COH) group. She does such wonderful work. It's hard to see but the center of the spider web has a grommet in it. I never would have thought of something like that. That's why I enjoy checking out her blog. There's always something fun and interesting.



-Fairy Tale R&R
This is the embellishing that I did on Rebecca's block.



Well, I guess that's it for now. I'm going to see how much of my blogroll I can get through before CSI starts at 9PM. Have a good night.

3 comments:

Jo in NZ said...

lol you make me laugh Gerry. I think you have been gone about 3 days (I've definately seen you around!!)
Also the whole world does use Word, and Mozilla is way better than IE.

Now for the good news...your SOH are fab. I'm guessing you went for an oriental theme. Didn't they do well?!
Love that tree by Peggy.
Off to bed, big day tomorrow.

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Good to hear from you - sounds like you're getting lots done. Do we get to see a new pic of the hairstyle? I haven't been brave enough for that, yet!

Susan said...

If you like the Netscape environment, you would like Firefox. Anything to avoid IE, and other Gates-ware. But Firefox is Netscape without the problems.