08 February 2007

Cutting back... and Lurking :-(

Does this look familiar? I bet to a good many of you, it does. And believe it or not, this was me too. Or becoming very near to it. Between email, groups, swaps, newsletters, blogs, etc., just getting through my 'computer stuff' was taking me hours. I don't know why it took me so long to realize where all of my time was going. All I knew was that I just can't get anything done. There just isn't enough time! DUH!So what's my point? (I see questions marks) Well, I'm going to be some what of a "LURKER" for awhile. I'm only limiting my internet and computer time. I'm not dropping off of the face of the planet. I will still get to my email and to blogroll but just not as often.

2007 is kicking my butt. It's not that I can't keep up. That I can't eat the elephant one bite at at time. It's that I can't decide which bite to take. So, I don't take ANY. NOTHING, NADA!!!! I'm getting no where (and fast).

Among other things, I have some 'life happens' things going on and I need to attend to them. I'm still not smoking. (Yay!) But it's still a challenge and lately my head just hasn't been where I'm used to having it. I need to rectify that situation.

Some of you have heard, or have noticed, that I'm trying to eek out a small (emphasis here) home business. Something not just 'this side' of a hobby. Something that I can build a reputation on. A business that I can have long term, and operate from virtually anywhere. And for as simple as that might sound to start a "craft" business, it isn't. I've discovered that setting up a business is fairly complex. And trust me, you don't want to do it wrong. Maybe I'm making it more difficult that it needs to be but I don't think so. It's just not 'a breeze' to do. So, I need time to sort through it all.

I'm also hoping that spending my time a little more productively right now will help me meet the deadlines I'm struggling with. Timely manner is becoming an oxymoron. And that doesn't work for me. (I actually have an issue with that - just FYI) And it would be nice to have some photos to post again some time!!! Especially since I have every intention of continuing with the TSTC.

Feel free to visit, leave a comment, etc. I'll be LURKING more often....but I'm not gone!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Gerry
I subscribe to your blog and read it every day. I will miss you but I surely understand where you are coming from. I too have what I call a blog addiction! I have been trying to only allot a certain amount of time each day but I can never stay on schedule. So, go to work and enjoy setting up your business but do let us know from time to time what you are up to.
Judy

Lil said...

I can so relate Gerry. I have been trying to prioritize and as a result have become quieter on various lists and the net.

I wish you great success!

Susan said...

You certainly have lots to do, so I can understand the problem with the computer eating up your time. I suffer from the same now and then until I pull myself back.

Stopping smoking on top of everything else is only the icing on the cake . . . so to speak. =) I'll look forward to seeing pics of your RR blocks, and the TAST

Charlene ♥ NC said...

I HAD noticed that you've been quieter, but realized that you had some things happening. I think along those lines of when my time is spent, and this week have spent a little less time online, but it isn't obvious in my craft stash... I will keep track and am anxious to see things on your etsy. Take care of you, and we'll be here when you have a moment to peek out!

Gerry said...

I'm peeking in. LOL. Thanks for the comments. It's nice to see you here. I took off just 2 hours yesterday and WOW, I couldn't believe what I got done. Well, back at it :-)