19 August 2006

Have a Heart Swap

This is a picture of my first heart-shaped CQ embroidery piece. It was a bit difficult to work with a non-square block. After about 10 hours of concentrated embellishing, I've gotten a good portion of it finished. I've included a couple other hearts to provide a better idea of what an accomplished CQ'er and embroiderer can do.There really is some beautiful works out there.



The heart with the fan and silk flowers in the middle was made by Jo in NZ.









The heart with the silk flowers and ladies shoe was made by Renea.










The heart with the beautiful bead work and buttons was made by Lillian.

4 comments:

Renea said...

okay you stole my heart!!!

*snicker

Jo in NZ said...

Gerry, I don't know about more accomplished, but stop selling yourself short girl! The work you have done on this heart is lovely. Remember, they are not supposed to be stressful, and they are only a small area they don't need alot to make them look 'done'. Now I'm not saying yours is over done (oh, I should stop talking now) just want you to understand that they should be fun, and yours is looking pretty damn fine too me.
I must get on with some more hearts, I am missing out on some great swaps!

Ati said...

O, Gerry, I see I have missed a lot. My connection with the internet was out of working and now you have swapped aaaalllll your hearts.
I like them very much. Can we swap an other time? Ati.

Lil said...

I agree with Jo- i think your work is lovely!

Everyone has their own unique cq style and isn't it human nature how we sell ourselves short?