28 August 2006

Life Is Good


I woke up this morning thinking of all of the things I needed to do. One of those jump straight out of bed and start running days! But as soon as I opened the blinds in the kitchen, I noticed how beautiful the sunrise was. How all of the reds, oranges, and yellows blended into the blues and whites of the clouds. The brightness of the sun coming up was soothing and warming, spreading its light out across the sky.

I found myself just staring into space, without a care. Without any urgency. As I turned from the window, I saw my hubby and my son going about their business, too. And our fur-babbies, Fritz & Bella patiently waiting to go outside. I found in that, a sense of harmony in our daily routines, and in our lives. I thought about how lucky I am to have such a wonderful family. To have such a caring and attentive hubby. To have such a cheerful and loving son. To have a nice home where I am comfortable, in a neighborhood where I feel safe. To be able to take my time if I choose to go about my daily tasks. Or to be able to take the day off, if I choose.

As I fixed my son's lunch, and discussed the day's tasks with my hubby I realized that I was smiling. My son turned and asked me, 'what's wrong, mom?" and I replied, "nothing at all." With the school bus at the corner, I handed him his lunch as he ran out the door with an, "I love you, mom!" Looking at his watch, my dear hubby leaned over, gave me a kiss, and told ME to have a nice day.

With everyone on their way, I closed the door and turned to fill my coffee cup. I smiled again and thought to myself...Life is Good!

1 comment:

Ati said...

Gerry you are a poet!!!!