01 September 2006

Memories of New Orleans, 02/04

Those of you familiar with New Orleans will recognize these pictures immediately. But for the benefit of the others:

French Quarter/Bourbon Street Area.














Across the bay at the Mardi Gras float warehouse.










Yes, that's us....
Smile, you're on spastic spotlight!









Anne Rice's home in the Garden District. I believe she has since moved. The home is really quite breath-taking. As are most of the homes in the Garden District. I absolutely love to read anything by Anne Rice.





Saint Louis Cemetery No. 1/Marie Laveau's tomb. I have been fascinated with cemetaries for as long as I can remember. They just never frightened me. I have also been very intrigued by Marie Laveau since the first time I heard the Doctor Hook and the Medicine Show's song about her.

1 comment:

Lil said...

I would give my left arm to walk and gawk at the wonderful architecture of New Orleans. I love it and thanks for sharing!