20 December 2006

My Little Lost Stocking Boot Has Arrived!!!


You cannot even begin to imagine how excited I was yesterday afternoon when our postal person placed this little brown box on my porch. I was sure, as was its maker JK, co-list mama for the CQForNewbies (CQN) group, and Mary, our swap hostess... that this little beauty was residing in POSTAL NEVER-NEVER LAND. What happened you ask? It was a zip code thing. When the packaged arrived the zip code was 'blacked out' (marked through). I have to assume the USPS did that.

Before I give you a brief background, let me first give you just a small mental picture: I was jumping up and down, giggling, and shaking (with scissors in hand) trying to get it to the counter to open the box. My DH leaned over and looked at me square in the face and very seriously said, "have you been drinking?" I guess he's forgotten what it's like to get a very special something in the mail at Christmas. And NO, I had not been drinking!

Okay, now the background: I didn't even know anything was wrong until I started getting private emails from Mary telling me that my 'secret swap partner' was getting "anxious" because the stocking boot had been mailed out about a week before Thanksgiving and should have arrived in 5 days or so.

I started checking the mail everyday. I even started wondering if one of my neighbors got it by accident, opened it, and decided to keep it. I know that's a terrible thing to think, but I also know human nature. Anyway, it never came. And it wasn't very long before disappointment set in for me and 'panic' set in for my 'secret swap partner'.

Of course during this time I had no idea who my swap partner was, or which stocking boot I would be receiving. None of us did prior to receiving our stocking boots. All we could do was look at pictures posted of their progress, drool over them, and wish we could have them all! It was like being in a candy store and knowing you could only walk away with one piece. What a teaser that was. LOL.

And because it was meant to be a 'SURPRISE', we didn't even know who our stocking boots would be sent to until just before the mailing date. Well, obviously some of us got more of a surprise than we bargained for. LOL. Poor JK even frantically started making another stocking boot. One with a schnauzer on it. (I'm still willing to take that off of your hands. I'll even finish it and pay for postage!!!!!!)

In the end I find it very ironic that when I first saw the progress on this stocking boot at JK's blog, I fell in love with it. I even commented that I hoped I was the person who got it. Is that Karma or what????

So now that this little darling is safe and secure in my studio, I get to admire it over and over! You, sadly have to settle for a photo. But even in the photo you can see how much time and effort was put into making this wonderful gift. Not to mention the care and love that is what truly makes it 'shine'.

These photos show what other surprises JK included with the stocking boot. Now I feel bad for her. She can't possibly have anything left at her house to sew with. She sent it all to me. LOL.




Thank you so much JK... I love it (ALL)!


1 comment:

Ati said...

You must have been the most lucky person in the world when this beauty arrived at your home! And Oh my, what a nice ( and so much) "goodies".