10 May 2007

I've Been Tagged...

You know, it's actually quite flattering that someone who you admire and respect would think of you, too. This time it happened twice. Thank you, Pat and Ati.

And even though we 'blog' and share within our groups, I've noticed that few of us really share any secrets or details of our lives. I'm often curious about the persons behind the blogs I read. Not because I'm nosey but because my 'on-line' friends are such a big part of my social circle. Most of it in fact. But we'll get to that later - or maybe not.

I've been reading the "MeMe's" posted around and I've realized that there are some very talented, interesting, caring, and yet very regular women out there who do the best that they can from one day to the next. They deal with households, children, bills, errands, husbands, homework, sickness, pain, and loss. And throughout it all, they do a remarkable job of maintaining a sense of humor and realistically, positive perspective. I applaud you all.

So, this MEME is to list 7 things about yourself, and then pass it off to 7 others. Or some number depending....

It's really difficult to come up with so many things about yourself when it's not new to you. Or when you're, like me, just not very exciting. LOL. But here goes, anyway:

1. I am the oldest of 5, and the only girl. Can you say, "SPOILED?" LOL. I guess I was. Right up until my DH and DS stole my heart and I wanted to give everything to them. Anyway, in the spirit of 'those days' and still maintaining an 'Attitude', I have a shirt that says, "You say SPOILED like it's a bad thing!" My license plate cover reads, "If I don't have it...it's because I don't want it" (that one BTW replaced the original that read, "I want it ALL, and I bet I GET IT!") I have a key ring that reads, "I don't have an Attitude Problem...It's supposed to be this way!" and I have finally changed the saying on my checks from "A woman's place is in control" to "If a MOM can't do it; it can't be done."

2. When I was younger (around 10 or so) I was in to gymnastics. I was limber enough and strong enough then to lock my legs behind my head and walk around on my hands. I could also do the splits standing up. I used to hang out doing that in a doorway while talking on the phone. Now, I have to settle for tying a cherry stem in a knot with my tongue. (Still quite a feat, BTW)

3. I never had a Barbie doll. I didn't like Barbie and I still don't.

4. I have more pairs of shoes that I want to admit to but I almost never wear shoes. And if I do, they are usually slip-ons and I only put them on when I have to go into a store or eatery, etc. If I'm not getting out of the car, I'm going barefoot!

5. I'm a coffee snob. I only drink fresh ground and brewed coffee (espresso strength). And always black. I also love iced coffee.

6. I hate ripe bananas. The smell of them makes me gag. If I eat them, they are still fairly green and very firm.

7. I'm an avid reader. I read every night for 1-2 hours. When I travel I take an extra book just in case. I read fantasy and sci-fi, and always in a series of 3-10 books. I'm fascinated with witches, magic, dragons, vampires, and faerie.

Okay, that's it for now. I'm also NOT going to tag 14 people. But I am tagging:
Kathy,
Sweet Pea,
Art Junk Girl,
Connie, and
Susan

And PLEASE anyone who reads this and hasn't been tagged feel free to tag yourself. But be sure to let me know you've done it so that I can come and see!

8 comments:

Clothmatters said...

Hi Gerry- Yikes! I have been tagged! LOL. Thanks for thinking of me......guess I have to go tag seven friends too. Take care. :)
Connie

Lauri said...

Hi Gerry
I really enjoy your blog! Have you read any books by Katherine Kurtz? She is my favorite author. She has written about 20 books, the are about a race of magical people. Some of her early ones are a little simplistic but there are some of the later ones make me bawl every time I read them. Let me know if you want ant info.

Later,
Lauri

Gerry said...

No, I haven't read any of her books. I am a huge Anne Rice fan. I even went to New Orleans to see her house before she moved. And her erotica is the only thing I haven't read. It's next. LOL. I also love Anne Bishop, Trudi Cavanah, Terry Brooks, David Eddings, and Melanie Rawn. Oh, oh, and of course, Mary Stewart.

Ati said...

Hi, Thanks for your Meme story, I had to smile now and than ;))

Gerry said...

It's good to smile now and again. Laughing's even better :-)

Susan Tuttle said...

Hi Gerry,
Thank you so much for visiting my blog, and for your very kind comments! I am flattered to be tagged by you. My friend Natasha also tagged me--life has been crazy, as I just started working with a publisher on my new book. I promise I will play if time allows.

I enjoyed visiting your blog!

Warmly,
Susan

Elizabet said...

Thanks for the comment Gerry, I need all the support I can get! You have no idea how hard it was to get back on that wagon though!

Anonymous said...

Hi Gerry, it was great reading about you - I'm also a bit like you 'curious' about those behind the blogs and desire to know more about people... *s*
Must admit, it's been so interesting reading everyones posts about themselves.

Have a lovely day
Sandie