30 April 2008

FFT RR - Karen

I finished working on Karen's round robin block yesterday. I decided to work the lower left hand portion of the block. The lace trim that I added is a vintage piece I originally got from my grandmother. And while it looks white, it's actually a pale green with white stitching and I couched it down with red ribbon. I continue to try my hand at SRE but I just don't seem to be making much progress with it. So, for now I'm still making fantasy flowers. I swear I followed the book's instructions exactly but.....



The block will be in the mail and on it's way to the next participant in a few days. I hope Karen likes what I've done.


Until Next time...Happy Needling!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did nice work on Karen's block

Karen South said...

Oh I love it. LOL ... when I first saw the block I didn't recognize it as mine and then on my second look I saw it was and I was so excited. I love it and can't wait to see it in person. Thanks for the peak.

Gerry said...

Thank you, Katrien. Luckily, Karen stopped by too and now I have my answer!!! (I'm doing the happy dance!)

Judy S. said...

Hi Gerry,

I think your SRE looks fine, a nice bouquet for May Day! Great stitching, too....lucky Karen.

Unknown said...

Your stitching is absolutely beautiful!

Charlene ♥ NC said...

You've done such lovely work on Karen's block - and your sre is just great. Pretty, pretty. The lace was just the perfect touch! Off to see what kind of thinker I am...if you're concrete, who knows what I'll be!! Miss ya'.

Gerry said...

My goodness, can you see me blushing???? Thanks so much. You are all very sweet!