30 April 2008

Making Fabric Bowls (and things)

I found this wonderful set of videos on making fabric bowls while reading Yona's blog today. She has links to an incredible list of sewing related videos on her blog. She also has a translators available on her left sidebar to help you navigate and read her blog.

Fantastic Fabric Bowls (part 1)

Fantastic Fabric Bowls (part 2)

I have a number of books (see below) on making fabric bowls, vases, etc., but I have yet to actually make anything....BIG SURPRISE!!! The instructions are very clear and there are lots and lots of photos, so don't get me wrong these are great books. It's just that the templates are paper.



What I found fascinating about these videos is that an acrylic template and companion tool is used to make such a variety of styles in these bowls. I love this! And it's on the TOP of my "got to have it" list.


Until Next time...Happy Needling!!!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the bowls also,but never have tryed it,i saw several by friends.Someone is using it as a fruitbowl.

Gerry said...

I think they are just wonderful. Someday.......