24 August 2013

I've Been Published!


I always wanted to say that. LOL. But it's not what you probably think. I haven't written a book, or created anything that someone has come to me asking for. I submitted an article to Pat Winter for the Autumn issue of Crazy Quilt Gatherings magazine, and Pat has graciously chosen to included it. Still for me, it's a pretty awesome event!

If you don't already have your copy, you can find it here. Since I order every copy as soon as it's available, I set up an automatic notification through Magcloud. Nothing easier than having someone else keep track of things for you!

Anyway, you will find my article on page 30. I have chosen to include a few of my favorite projects but for now those will remain a secret. No sense in telling you what's in the magazine, that will only spoil the surprise when you buy it. I will tell you that since I'm not a Shabby Chic kind of person, I wanted to put it out there that you don't have to be. That you can still create beautiful things with bright, bold colors, using cotton fabrics as well as silky, fancy fabrics.

I was also very delighted to find that Lauri and Freda also had an article published in this issue. They both do just lovely work. Freda attended one of our CQI Retreats in 2010, and it was a pleasure to meet her. Lauri has attended since the beginning in 2008. And although Lauri did miss the 2012 retreat in Utah, she'll be joining us again this year. And 5 out of 6 years is still a great attendance record. Gerry K also gets a kudos for 5 out of 6 years attending - sadly, she won't be joining us this year.

I also believe that this is 5 years in a row for Diane, and 4 for Colleen. (Somebody correct me if I'm wrong!) And to the 'die hard' retreat goers for 6 out of 6 years attending - a shout goes out to Cathy, Connie, and me (blushing). We've been very fortunate to have so many wonderful ladies join us in years past, and we hope to have them join us again at future retreats. You will be missed!

Okay, since I'm speaking of the retreat, let me just say, "HOLY COW!" We are less than a month away from 'opening day' and there is still so much to take care of. I guess I should be happy that my TO DO list has gone from about a dozen typewritten pages all the way down to four. When I get it down to one, I will be doing my happy dance and greeting retreaters!

I think the only part of retreat planning that I'm not really going to enjoy is the grocery shopping. My weekly shopping takes about an hour and for just two of us really doesn't amount to much. The thoughts of shopping and cooking for 23+ people has me just a little frightened. LOL. I only have one fridge with bottom freezer so I will be making a few quickly trips to the store during the retreat. NO WAY can I fit everything we're going to need in the space I have. I'm also just a bit concerned that my offer to cook for everyone might have been a bit ambitious. LOL.

If you would like to see who is coming and/or catch up on other retreat post, you can find information here and here. Well, it's time for me to jump off the computer, make some phone calls, and try to check a few more of those items off that LIST! Thanks so much for stopping by to visit. I hope you all enjoy the rest of your weekend.


Oh, I almost forgot....Fritz is doing well. He is not going to regain his sight but he's still my little darling and we're all working through it. Thanks so much for your kind words, emails, comments, and well wishes. Each and everyone is very much appreciated.

Until Next time...Happy Needling!!!

Gerry

2 comments:

Judy S. said...

Congrats on the published article, Gerry! And good luck with the retreat. That was an ambitious undertaking!

Gerry said...

Hi Judy - So glad to 'see' you visiting, again!

I can hardly believe that we are only a week out on the retreat. My goodness. I'll let you know just how ambitious it was when the smoke clears. LOL.