13 April 2007

Lucky Number 13 on a Friday

Today is one of my favorite dates:
Friday the 13th!



I like it not because I'm not superstitious but because I consider 13 to be my lucky number. I'm also fascinated by numerology. And although the number 13 is predominantly reoccurring in my life, there are also a surprising number (pun intended) of occurrences with combinations of 10's and 3's.

Anyway, for me 13 is not just an arbitrary number that I have chosen. It's something that over a period of time, I have come to recognize as being true. I suppose you can find similarities or occurrences of just about anything if you look for them. But I have encountered enough of them that I no longer write it off to coincidence.

To cite a few examples:

I have 13 letters in my name.
I suffered my most heart-breaking event on the 13th (at 1:45 am).
And years later experienced my most happy moment on the 13th (at 1:45 am).
My DS's birthday is on the 13th and is exactly 13 days before mine.
I'm a Lefty, and our 'Day' is celebrated on the 13th.
My best friend's birthday is on the 13th.
My employee number on my first job was 13.
My employee number on my last job totalled 13.
My bank account number totals 13.
I met my DH on the 13th.
And more recently, I was the 13th member of the Around the Block quilt ring.

If you're curious about Friday the 13th, fear it (Paraskevidekatriaphobia) or have a fear of anything 13 (Triskaidekaphobia), these sites offer some very interesting facts, trivia, urban legends, and things to come:
1. Brownielocks and the 3 bears;
2. Wikipedia;
3. Urban Legends and Folklore;
4. NASA.

5 comments:

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

It has always been my favorite number!! I was born on the 13th. In fact, I am always tickled when I see the #13.

Gerry said...

And what could be better than a baker's dozen donuts!?!?!?!?

Ati said...

It is weird, I don't like 13, when I was a child my father went to the hospital in the ambulance on friday the 13th......

Lisa said...

Thankyou so much Gerri for visiting my blog and your comment:-)

I've always liked the number 13 and never looked at friday 13th as a bad luck day.

Gerry said...

Thanks for visiting, ladies!