25 April 2007

Big Thanks To


Candi for sending these goodies along with an RR block for me to work on. I apologize for the photo. I had a hard time with light adjustment today. The bag is a shiny Burgundy, edged with antique gold trim, and has a draw string closure with beads at their ends. Look at the butterfly. It has springs on its wings. Too cute! I was very touched by the Breast Cancer pin that was tucked away inside. I'm not familiar with the threads but I'm excited to try them. And last but certainly not least...the buttons, oh my, the buttons! They are gorgeous colored and etched glass. The photo does not do them justice.


This darling little postcard was sent to me by Jeri. It was a complete surprise. On the back she simply wrote, "A Gift of Art From Me to You!" Each petal on the flower is a separate piece, sewn down and topped with a clump of sparkly beads in the center. The flower is resting on a patchwork of assorted black and white patterned fabrics. It's so COOL! The outer edge is serged.

I only have two questions:
1. How do you get that edge? My serger is so loose and sloppy. (And yes, I have read the directions! Maybe I need to do it again)
2. Where do you get the clear plastic packages that you mailed it in? I've looked EVERYWHERE for them!


Thanks soooo much ladies!

1 comment:

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

All of it is so beautiful! I love getting stuff in the mail!