01 April 2007

What I've Been Working On


This first photo is the heart that I made for Susan. She is the April birthday girl in the Sharing Our Hearts (SOH) swap with CQForNewbies (CQN).

These (6) photos are of the embellishing and stitching that I did on Faith's Fairy Tale Round Robin block for Crazy4CQ. Of course chose Peter Rabbit for her theme.

I added the burgundy ribbon around mama rabbit, the purple flower chain and the button cluster. You have to look really close to see the chick, green pepper and bunny buttons. I also added the 'fuzzy' yarn with two more bunny buttons and the carrot with the "P" monogram. And at the center, above those beautiful SRE flowers I added the word "PETER."


(***CORRECTED***)
And NO I didn't work the SRE flowers. That lovely work was done by Faith. Teresa worked the spider web and the tatting. And the darling white cross stitched rabbits and adjoining seam treatments were done by Rebecca.

These next (5) photos are of Lynn's Fairy Tale Round Robin, Rapunzel block. I added the 3 beaded hearts. They stand for "Love", "Hope", and "Trust".

I also added the blue beaded treatment parallel to the prince's ladder.

(PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG BUT I THINK...)
Judi added Rapunzel's braid. Isn't that clever? She also added the beaded, variegated vine the delicate flower and vine. It was meant to represent the Rampion from the story. And Candi added to SRE vines and flowers, the hummingbird, and the adjoining seam treatments.




This RR has been so much fun. Unfortunately, we had a couple participants who have had to drop out for "life happens" reasons. Hopefully, the next time around they will be able to join us!

Well, got to go there's more to blog :-)

8 comments:

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Glad to see your progress, Gerry. Everything is pretty, as usual.

Ati said...

wow you have been busy!! Everythings looks soooo nice. You are defenitly not a newbee anymore!

Gerry said...

Thank you so much, ladies. Coming from you both, makes it quite a compliment in deed!

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

WOW! Your work is amazing!

Gerry said...

Hey there, MS. Princess! Thank you very much. BTW, I loved your zodiac avitar so much, I made one of my own!!!!

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

Thank you! I found it from someone else and then made mine!

I love your ya ya name but could not get it to post to my blog for some reason.

Anonymous said...

Lovely! I love your crazy work, very very beatiful! I still dream t make one one day, but I think it's not easy enough for me...
congratulations, yours is just gorgeous.

Gerry said...

Hi Frederique. Thank you for stopping by. I've seen your work, you don't need to be sooooo modest!