25 April 2007

Today is a Good Day for...

Sharing Things I Like.

It seems that nearly every day while working my way through my blogroll I find something fun and interesting. However, I seldom have time to do much more than "save it for later." But since I have designated today as my blogging day, I will list links to some of them. That way you can enjoy them too. Even if you only have time to look.

This work is done by Ingrid Siliakus. This link will take you directly to Ingrid’s Gallery. And finally, a tutorial on "Making a painted fabric trim frame". Thank you Cyndi for keeping things so interesting!


Next, is Yola’s blog. (I sincerely hope I got the name correct.) It’s a French blog but she’s made it very easy to translate. That’s a bonus for those of us who only speak English. Anyway, on her ‘home page’ she offers this introduction:

"My blog is like a library, like a magazine. You can find lessons in sewing, embroidery and crochet. There are also patterns of appliques, of stencils and quilts, links to recipes, health and fashion. You can find a lot of links to videos. I spent a lot of time in looking for interesting stuff and I hope that it'll help you in your work. Don't hesitate to let your commentaries under my messages. Thanks."

Yola truly does deliver what she promises. I have found myself checking her blog first many times when I’m trying to find a tutorial, or video, or just some place fun to spend some time.


Renea is involved in a wonderful project called "American Hero Quilts." Perhaps this is a project you would like to become involved in. So far, I’ve managed to start sorting through fabric (slowly) and hope to launder and mail them out soon. I know I would never be able to keep a commitment to actually finish a quilt. (So, so sad but true.) At this link you can jump to fabric requirements.


For the crazy quilting junkie, I offer a link to Allison’s blog. She and a number of remarkably talented ladies have been working on the most AMAZING quilt. It’s called, "Purple Heart." Allison has been very generous in sharing the ‘construction’ process. She makes it look ‘sew’ easy. LOL.




Vivienne’s granddaughter has made her very own library bag. The smile on her face really says it all! Vivienne has posted photos of this creative process on her blog.




Rivkah's blog offers some neat tips for the doll maker. This one is for making Faerie shoes. She also does some creative and interesting altered art and mixed media projects.


Catherine
. And look at it when it’s finished. It’s sooooo pretty you won’t be embarrassed to have it out in the open!



Jo is always doing some fun and unique work. Recently, she’s been working on Spirit Dolls with her CQI (Crazy Quilting International) group. For anyone who loves to CQ, embellish, AND PLAY WILL DOLLS, this could be your place. In fact, it sounds like too much fun. I'll have to keep it in mind (for when I actually can commit). Anyway, here’s just a peek (or two) of what she's doing.




This is a post from early March, 2007 by Lin for a crazy quilt kimono she was working on. This link will take you to posts referencing "Kimono".




And finally, rounding this post up today, is another non-English blog that I love, Quilterin. It's a German blog but it's written in both German and English. This is such a fun blog. There is always something new and different to see.

Happy Needling!

4 comments:

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

Oh so much goodness that I have to check out! Thank you for all of these new links!!

Jo in NZ said...

Gerry, you sure do know how to make a gal feel good. Thanks for the kind words on my Spirit dolls...and I think your postcards a lovely. One of my groups is about to embark on a postcard swap, I sure do hope I don't get addicted!!LOL

crazyQstitcher said...

What a beautiful blog Gerry. It is not only good to look at but a great read. Very interesting links too.
Maureen

Gerry said...

Hello ladies, thanks for stopping by to visit. And for your kind words.