27 September 2007

Blocks Finished

Fairy Tale Round Robin:

Yesterday I received my "Good Daughter" block back from the CQN Fairy Tale Round Robin. I am so happy with it. Thank you to everyone who worked on it for me: Ati, Lynn, Candi, Nancy, Leona, and Judi.

My fairy tale blocks were based on the book "Toads and Diamonds" by Charles Perrault Land, which was originally published in 1889. You can find the annotated version on the story at Surlalune Fairy Tales.







Season to Season - Fall:



I was able to complete my portion of Carole's block. She did a wonderful job with the block to begin with. The colors, center piece, and buttons really brought it to life before my needle took after it.

Here's what I added:

The red leaf and the seam treatment combination below it.



The purple metallic spider web, the pink ribbon and white beads, and the spider.



The stem stitch, leaf stitch and beads to the center piece.



The button wheel seam treatment and french knots.



Well, now I'm off to do my domestic goddess duties. Until next time....Happy Needling!!!

1 comment:

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

I like all of them but I am in love with the Fairy blocks!