22 September 2007

Fairy Tale RR - Unicorn Group

I just finished working on Ati's block. This will be a wallhanging for her grandson. I bet he will be just tickled with it. Ati, also has another block in rotation in another group, for her granddaughter.

So....what did I do?

I added the red and white doggy paws, the "Twilight Bark", the black paw print fabric, red ribbon, and the seam blue seam treatment with pearl beads, the dog bones, and silver paw print charm on the yellow ribbon.



I added the "Pongo" and "Perdita", the red heart with pearl bead, and stitched Pongo's and Perdita's collars and tags.



I added the "Cruella De Vil" lettering and the salmon colored seam treatment.



I found it interesting that there were things about this story that I had never noticed before. One of them being Cruella's name. I just never noticed it for (basically) Cruel Devil. DUH!!!!

Another thing that I found interesting was that the story summary that Ati sent with her block was much different than the version I grew up with. When I get the time (ha, ha) I'm going to have to do a little more research on this :-)

Until then....Happy Needling!!!