15 September 2007

I'm Back!!!!

Okay, Saturday night. Hubby watching the Nebraska game and I'm free to play on the computer with my glass of Argentinian Merlot, and radio cranked up. I've had such a wonderful couple of days. I've managed to clean (scrub actually) all 4 of my bathrooms, top to bottom. I just love a clean bathroom!

Anyway, here's my post....

I got another cell phone pouch stitched and ready to assemble. That's all 5 now. Granted it's taken awhile but I made it.


I've also been eBay(ing). I've decided that I'm going to learn how to do SRE. So, I've bought some books and ribbons. Hopefully, I've made the correct choices. Here's what I got so far:


I was shocked to find out that Carole Samples' Treasury of Crazy Quilt Stitches was so much in demand. Luckily, I have mine. But Amazon has listing for outside vendors, starting at $94. I'm watching, just for fun, two copies on eBay. They are three days out and nearing $40, with 10+ bids. The Buy It Now is over $80. WOW!!!!

I was seriously tempted to look into buying some of the beautiful silk threads that Charlene got on her "Thread Binge" but I had just received these gorgeous threads from Susan. So, I passed.



I did pick up a number of charms for Halloween and Christmas. And yes, I also got in on the 10 cent DMC sale at Wal-Mart. I didn't buy 600 skeins like Lou Anne but I did a goodly amount.

I also came up with a 'recycled' thread center. Meaning I rummaged through my DS's room and found a locker organizer that he wasn't using anymore. Well, I think it makes a great area for my threads, scissors, and misc items. I need to have these things handy and the system I had before was just not working. And while this isn't the absolute solution, it's working.


And finally, new projects... I'm making Crazy Quilted Christmas Stockings, aka Victorian Boot Christmas Stockings. This was Mary's swap idea last year and she's decided to hostess it again this year. I know that I'll get one done for sure but I hoping for two of them. This is a stash building swap. And it was SOOOOO much fun last year.


This is my stocking from last year. It was much larger than these will be. In fact, about 50% larger and embellished on both sides. I just don't think I'll have the time to do that this year. But we'll see.


Well, I better wrap this up. Nebraska's not doing well and the language downstairs is getting pretty colorful. LOL. I also have to start getting things organized for my Season to Season - Fall Swap. Partners get assigned tomorrow. Mail out starts on Monday. I'm still missing a couple of blocks but we're two weeks behind so "the show must go on" and I just can't wait for the rest of them.

Right now, I'm trying to make the best of my time. I'm expecting to get quite a few blocks from a lagging Round Robin here shortly. I also have an 'October' heart to make for the Sharing Our Hearts (SOH) swap on CQN. And I want to do something nice. Not just a rush job.

I guess if I've forgotten anything, I can blog it later. Have a wonderful Sunday and Happy Needling!!!

8 comments:

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Well, now we know where you've been -- BUSY! The new pouch is precious. Cute stocking, too! Glad to see you!

Ati said...

It seems to me that you have had a lot of fun buying those books and the silk ribbon. But be careful: you get hooked to it very easy! LOL
I love sre and it is much easier than it looks.
You threads from Sassa Lynne looks yummy too, I have them also and I love working with it.
The cell phone case looks very nice and colorful, do you sell them on Etsy?

Sara said...

Elegant Stitches is one of my most favorite books...you'll love it!!!

Gerry said...

Hi Charlene, Ati & Sara. Thanks so much for stopping by! Lately, I've only been able to look at pictures on my blogroll. Oh well....Maybe I'll go back and read?!?!?!?!

Anyway, I do like the pouch, too. Great "Fall" colors! I agree, Ati the threads are just a dream to use. And eBay can be addictive - right Charlene? LOL.

Sara, of all the reveiws I read, Elegant Stitches got the top rating. I'm excited to try it out.

Susan said...

Those are great books, and I love the silk ribbons! I also like the Silk Ribbon Embroidery Bible - lots of lovely flower arrangements pictured in it. That locker keeper looks like it will do a great job as an organizer for you, too.

Candi said...

Gerry, you're going to love doing the SRE and you're so gifted too! It will be gorgeous I know. Love your boot!
HUGZ:)
Candi

crazyQstitcher said...

Hi Charlene, I love the stockings. Very classy they are. All the SRE stuff you bought is perfect. The authors are all good and the threads look beautiful.

Gerry said...

Thanks for commenting, ladies. I've gotten the books in and I really like them.

Maybe I'll put some SRE on the stocking, too!