30 September 2007

Block Update

Season to Season - Fall

I had two blocks to work for the swap I'm hosting at CQN. One for Carole, which I posted previously, and the other for Sharon R, which I include in this post. Again, showing a 'before' and 'after' version.



I added the "Harvest", the ribboned flower and leave cluster with charms, and the seam treatments to the right and at the bottom. Also (2nd photo), the lace motif with beads, and the ribbon and seam treatment below it.



I'm just learning how to do SRE (Silk Ribbon Embroider) and it's turning out to be much more complicated than I had expected. I've bought a number of books and lots of ribbon to practice with. So, hopefully it will be a positive learning experience. LOL.

And finally, I added these seam treatments .



On a closing note, I would like to mention that Wendy's block still has not made it into my hands. The USPS has apparently misplaced it. Or misdelivered it and it has not been forwarded on. Hopefully, Wendy will have time to piece and partially work another block for this swap. Fingers crossed :-)

Until next time...Happy Needling!!!

4 comments:

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

I really like this one. Maybe it is because I am in a Fall kind of mood?

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Fall is in the air...sunsets earlier, brighter stars, cooler nights. LOVE it.

Your stitching looks wonderful on these blocks. The owners will be delighted. Are you having a specific problem with SRE, or generally. I don't use it very much, but do think it's lovely!

Susan said...

Your silk ribbon looks adorable. I love the Harvest letters, too. You did a great job on those seams, and she's lucky to have you for a partner. =)

Gerry said...

I do love fall, too. That is 'traditional' fall. Not tropical fall. LOL.

I'll continue perfecting the SRE. Right now my thing is seam treatment combos!