30 October 2006

Arty MeMe Challenge

Okay, I've jumped in and accepted this 'pay it forward' type challenge from Rissa's blog.

How it works:

1. The first 5 people who respond and accept this challenge in the 'comments' section to this post will get an email from me asking for your snail mail address. I will then create and send you some artsy craftsy goody. It could be anything from a crazy quilt heart, or some type of embroidery piece, or a pin cushion, or fabric art, etc. Please note that I will do my best to get your challenge gift out to you quickly but with the on-coming Holiday Season, I cannot promise that you will receive your goody before Christmas. However, I will promise to create something just for you.

2. After accepting the challenge, you would then post the "Arty MeMe Challenge" information to your site (blog, 360, etc.), and 'pay it forward' by doing the same thing as mentioned in item #1.

PLEASE NOTE: That you are not expected to and PLEASE DO NOT send me anything in return. This is not a swap or exchange. This is an act of kindness. Something that comes from the heart, without strings or obligations. The reward is in the giving!

As soon as I receive all 5 takers, I will post your first name and a link to your site on my blog. If your 'comment' does not link back to your site, please either post it with your challenge acceptance comment or email me with that information.

This is going to be GREAT FUN....Let the games begin. :-)


7 comments:

Maureen said...

Hi Gerry
Thanks for visitng Kenmaurscorner Blog!
If you like to email me your snail mail,when I get rid of this "wog" I'm suffering with,
"something" will be in the mail!
Maureen in Queensland

May Britt said...

I love reading your blog. Have read about this Arty MeMe challenge on other blogs too. It sunds interesting. I have to think a little about it and decide during the day.

Gerry said...

Awe, come on ladies, take the plunge. LOL. If you change your minds, I'll be here! Maureen, your offer is very generous but if you take the challenge I will send YOU something :-)

Maureen said...

Okay Gerry

You're "ON"

Gerry said...

Too Cool! I have my first taker. Anymore?????

Jeri said...

Hi Gerry - I'd like to do the Arty MeMe - in fact I've posted mine on my blog just yesterday. I would love something from you, and if you would like to sign up on my blog, I'll send you something in return. (no obligation - just mentioned it since I have open spaces on my 5) I'm a lefty named Jeri too, and live in the Texas Panhandle!

Here's my blog:
http://scoobagirl.typepad.com

Gerry said...

What a nice surprise. I have my second taker. It's very cool that we share the same name, live in the same area, are both left-handed, and have 2 dogs. What are the odds. LOL. Looking forward to it.