06 October 2006

I've Been Tagged...Twice!

Well, first of all I would like to say, "Thanks, a lot" to Lillian of Crazy Seoul Sister and Katie of Katie's New Place. Only joking.....I actually think this is going to be fun. So, let's get started.


For those of you who don't know how this works. And who knows who started this (I'm sure that person is still in hiding. LOL). Anyway, someone chooses to tag you. Then their job is done, and yours begins. Part 1 of your job is to tell the entire WORLD (or at least those who blog and/or read blogs, or who don't live in a cave), 5 weird things about yourself (or your pets - I saw that somewhere a while back). Part 2 of your job is to then tag 5 other of your unsuspecting friends, acquaintances, and bloggers (let's call them FAB's - I just love acronyms!).

What's the point, you ask? Well, I see it primarily as an opportunity to build friendships. Also, being introduced to, and being able to explore, so many other blogs, all of the eye candy, interesting stories, unique styles, and varied talents is just an awesome BONUS!!!

Since I have been tagged twice, I will bestow this honor on 10 of my unsuspecting FAB's (you really can never have enough people wanting to smack you at the same time. LOL). However, I will only list 5 weird things about myself. Mostly, because I just don't really believe that I have any. My DH, DS, and fur babies, however beg to differ. So here goes.......

WEIRD THINGS ABOUT ME (according to those who just don't see things my way)

1. In my every day life, I am very organized and regimented. You know, Column "A" Column "B" with few gray areas. (Okay fine - Anal - are you happy now?) In my crafting life, I am very abstract and relaxed. The WEIRD thing (which it's not) is that I keep those lines very clearly drawn. (I like it that way, it's my thing, and I'm not changing it!)

2. I have two unusual (not weird) nervous habits (and I'm counting each one separately). I have pierced ears (3 holes, each ear), and I play with/toggle the backs of my post earrings. I've had to replace A LOT of backs and some of the posts over the years.

3. I have really long hair (I can nearly sit on it). I have a tendency to play with/braid/twirl my hair. I like to tie the whole thing in a knot instead of using a scrunchy. I like to take a small section and braid it, unbraid it, rebraid it (you get the picture). I also like to take a small section of it and just twirl it around and around on my finger. These 2 little habits are really so NOT Weird that I don't even realize I'm doing it.

4. It really bothers me when the light is left on after the dishwasher finishes running. I have to go over and open the door as soon as it's done. Okay, I'll give you that one (that is kind of weird). But my rational is that if the light burns out it's going to be a hassle to replace it.

5. I typically prefer maintaining contact with friends and family via cyberspace. I don't like to talk on the phone, and I rarely 'get together' in person with friends or family (my closest family member is nearly 1,800 miles away). I'm very happy spending my time with my DH, DS, and my fur babies. So it's not like I'm anti-social, well, not too much. I just don't mind being alone (I don't find it weird, just a personal preference).

Okay, wasn't that fun? I think I'm relatively unscathed, and ready to move on.....

I have chosen to tag:

1. Renea: Medema Hangout because I really do value her friendship, and because she makes me want to 'get together' in person.

2. May: Abyquilt because she does such lovely work, and because she also recently spent time in Copenhagen.

3. Rebecca: Rebecca's Quilts and Things because she makes such wonderful sane quilts.

4. Cat: Baumcat because she is a very talented altered art & mixed media artist. She's also a "Harley Ridin' Mama", and because I'm envious that she still lives near mountains.

5. Susan: Crazy Quilting For Fun because she knows how to enjoy life.

6. Julia: Camille's Place because not only does she have a beautiful blog, she also does beautiful work.

I also list Susan and Julia because Katie had to leave them 'untagged', and I felt this was the least I could do for Katie. LOL.

7. Lucy: Quilting With The Past because she does lovely hand quilting work.

8. Caitlin: Princess and the Pea because she has such a fun and interesting blog.

9. Wilma: Wilma Goes Crazy because she has such whimsy in her crazy quilting and embellishing.

And last but not least

10. Elizabet: Her Eyes Shown Like Emeralds... because she is so talented, in so many areas. And because she has a special zest for life that is lost to most of us.

Wow, now that wasn't sooooo bad. Thank you so much for taking the time to join me on this adventure.

1 comment:

Cat said...

I played!

Oh, I'm trying to figure out that light thingy on the dishwasher - my old one didn't have the "clean" light. It kind-of bugs me too!