04 October 2006

I Can Take Pictures Again!!!

Boy, we sure do get spoiled don't we? I had my first digital camera (Fuji FinePix) for 6+ years and never really appreciated. That is not until it went on the blink. Suddenly, I wanted to photograph everything. Purely, psychological I'm sure. Well, instead of getting it fixed (and I'm still not getting rid of it just yet) we opted to buy a new one.

The new camera is a Canon PowerShot A710 IS. It's actually a pretty cool little camera. It was a tough decision. I was just about sold on a Kodak EasyShare. Alas, the Canon won out.

I've gotten as far as putting in batteries, loading the software to my computer, took a few pictures, and downloaded them. SEE...... (my Paisley Bauble Bag in process)

I'm putting off reading the instructions just because it's a hassle. And to be perfectly honest, I never did read the instruction manual for the Fuji. And that's sad since I never really got to enjoy the full benefits from it. So, with this one I'm going to have to bite the bullet and do it. SHUCKS!

I do like the way it takes close ups. I always had trouble with that before. I still have lighting issues to work out. Well, I guess, DUH...the manual will address those issues.


Well, I guess I better get off the computer. As you can see, I have a lot of work yet to do on my bag. It's due on the 10th.



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great stitching Gerry! Great french knots too!

Jo in NZ said...

Your bag is looking great Gerrt. You have done a heap of stitching on it. Good job.
Hey, I'll see you CoH!!

Gerry said...

Thank you for the input. I never really know how much stitching to do. I don't want it to be plain but sometimes I notice that it looks really full. I guess those things come in time, and with the time allowed. Always learning!!!

Cat said...

And you crazy quilt too! You do great stichery.
Nice to meet you Gerry, I'll check back!
Smiles, Cat

Wilma said...

Your Paisley bag is looking great and your new camera makes lovely close-up pictures, better as my Fuji also!

Gerry said...

Oh, I loved my Fuji. It was a great camera. I've seen you photos, you're lucky to still have yours. It does a great job, too.