06 November 2006

CQN - Halloween Art Doll Challenge

The CQForNewbies (CQN) group just completed our Halloween Art Doll Challenge. The challenge was to make an art doll with a CQ feel. And while there were only four entries, it was a lot of fun.

Elizabet came up with the idea, and JK, one our 'list mamas' assisted with it. Elizabet, as hostess will be providing goodies to the winner and to the other entrants. Knowing what lovely work she does, I can hardly wait to see what she sends. It might even be a piece of hand dyed lace or ribbon!

So, who won?

Well,.....(drum roll)....Christy with her 'Bat Lady.' Is this clever or what? She did a fantastic job with those wings! And of course, don't over look the spider on her belly. I'm not sure what pattern she used or if she designed it herself. She claims not to be a dollmaker. And in fact stated that this was her first doll. Obviously, she is too modest! She might just be a natural.



This little cutie, named Winnie, was submitted by Linda. I wish I could have enlarged the photo. Linda has used the most darling Halloween fabrics, and her face is sculpted. I'm actually shocked that she had the time to make a doll. She has been frantically sewing, organizing, and preparing for her daughter's wedding. You really must go to her blog. She made her daughter's dress and it is beyond gorgeous.



This 'Little Witch' was submitted by Karen. Don't you just love her little hat, with the spider? She's so cute peering out over her sun glasses, and wearing those tiny purple shoes. You can't see it in this picture but she also has a little "ZOOM" broom.



And finally, the "Cat-Faced" doll was submitted by me. I don't know why but I seem to have a flair for creating seriously gruesome dolls. I gave her 6 legs like an insect, and she double-dips with her 2 trick-or-treat bags. And no, the cape does not help her fly. LOL.



Thanks again to Elizabet for the idea, JK for the organization, Christy, Linda, and Karen, for without whom I would have been a 'shoe-in' (LOL), and thanks to the group members who took the time to vote.

2 comments:

May Britt said...

All the dolls are beutiful. I hope to make one someday.

Anonymous said...

Well done you!

Lovely post!
Goodies are likely to be a squishy each of what I have in stash!