06 June 2007

Back from Charlotte!

For those of you who didn't know, I went to Charlotte, NC for the USBC Women's Nationals. My average doesn't put me anywhere near 'the money' but I go for the FUN, anyway.

I did win just a little money in the brackets (side bets). I ate way too much, didn't get enough sleep, and missed out on seeing ANYTHING in Charlotte. I won't go into that but it was a bit of a disappointment. Especially, since I had a rental car for 4 days. Oh well....

And the best part of the entire trip was that I got to drive down to SC to meet and visit with Charlene. I wasn't able to make connections with her before I left, so luckily I did a Mapquest on her address. It was surprisingly easy to find. My only regret is that I went so late in the day. Well, night actually!

Let me tell you a little bit about her....

She has the most darling little poodle, Pixie. What a lovable little doll she is. She also rings a bell when she has to go out and potty. Too cute! I had to chuckle.

Charlene has an adorable 'period' home with a wonderful porch where we sat in high-back rockers and talked. And of course, I got to see her sewing room. It's a nice set up. She has a huge dresser just packed full of CQ fabrics.

And of course, we talked about CQ. She graciously gave me a couple of silky threads to try out. I'm still in the cotton stage because I have so much of it. After seeing her work, I might just have to go shopping. LOL.

And what about Charlene? She is so sweet. A real modern day Southern Lady. Soft spoken, calm and relaxed, and very welcoming.

Thank you so much Charlene for the visit and the memories I took with me. I will miss you.

5 comments:

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Congrats on your high scores and your winnings as well! You are so sweet to say such nice things. I'm sorry that we didn't get to spend more time - and some of your winnings - together, too. When there's a next time, we'll know we have to plan ahead!

Gerry said...

I wasn't joking when I said, "A little." I think I came out $15 ahead. LOL. At least that still buys a cup of coffee in some places :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Gerry, sounds like a nice time away and well done on your little win too. Sad you never got to look around, but hopefully there will be another time. I had to giggle at Charlene's poodle ringing a bell to potty - just so cute!
If you send me your address, via private email (do you have it?? LOL) I would like to send you some 'silk' threads I have hand dyed for you to play with and add to your stash.

Gerry said...

Thank you so much, Sandie for the offer of threads. I would be tickled :-)

Anonymous said...

Gerry, can you send me your address please, my email is abeautifulcraft@bordernet.com.au
hugs