25 June 2007

ETS - Block 2 Finished

Hello and thanks for stopping by to look at my latest, completed block. This will be a 'quickie' post but I wanted to get it up.

This is an Egyptian Block Swap, hosted by JK for the CQN group. I would like to take this opportunity to thank JK for the time and effort she has put forth in this swap. And also for the wonderful examples she has given us on her blog.

This block took a little longer than I had expected it to. Part of it was not stitching for the week mom was here. I felt a little out of it and just couldn't quite find my groove. Anyway, this is the completed block.

You might not recognize it, but this is a cobra, aka Uraeus . It is said that the Pharaohs used the cobra as a symbol of their power over life and death.

Here we have a camel walking across the sand dunes.

I'm a little disappointed that the "ISIS" isn't more legible. Poor color combo choices, I guess. Oh well, it's always a learning experience. Again I added an Ankh, and a Crook. And this time an eye, symbolizing the Eye of Horus.

And finally, we have the Goddess Bastet again. Aptly placed over the name of the place she was most fondly worshipped, and looking out over the Nile (that's the blue stuff. LOL).

Both of my swap blocks will be in the mail shortly along with a little 'hostess gift.'

6 comments:

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Great block, Gerry! I already loved the colors, and now your embellishment makes it more lovely. Your stitching is excellent. Two was enough for me, too - used up all my ideas.

Susan said...

I love your second block! That cobra is just too much - beautifully satin stitched. Every little detail is so charming.

Ati said...

It is AGAIN a great block, well done Gerry!
I almost regret that I didn't participate in this swap. I have seen beautiful blocks here and there on blogs.

Anonymous said...

Very different and gorgeous, so many I have admired in this RR/swap ... all stunning!

Gerry said...

Thank you ladies. I'm kind of running with this, "different is good" attitude!

Thelma said...

Love your blocks Gerry! You've done a wonderful job!