25 January 2008

Fairy Tale RR - Lori

This block is Lori's Cinderella from the Fairy Tale Round Robin at Crazy4CQ. This Round Robin has been more than a challenge but is finally winding down.

I probably worked more of this block than I needed to or maybe should have but I love Cinderella. It's my favorite Fairy Tale.

I worked the area in the lower right hand corner on the pink and blue fabric pieces as well as adding the carriage above it.



The carriage was fun and easy to make. I found a photo online, saved and edited it, traced it onto Press 'n Seal, and then embroidered it onto the block. I wasn't sure it would work because it was so small. But as it turned out it was the perfect size.



The mop bucket and broom was also fun to work. I usually have problems with 'fuzzy' materials. I just can't seem to get them to stay in place while I couch them down. Maybe I was just having a good day.



I found "Cinderella's Song" online while searching for ideas. I copied it onto fabric and ultimately ended up making it a pillow. It just seemed to fit the song. I used thin craft ribbon and blue beads around the outside, with tiny white pearl beads in the corners.

I decided to carry out and twist the ribbon on the pillow for decoration. I wasn't quite up to making tiny tassels to fancy it up. The ends are covered with misc. beads, and a 'glass slipper' charm that came in a baggie with the block.



The hearts entwined are supposed to symbolize the love between Cinderella and her Prince. The white beads are meant to be a pearl necklace.



I added the Chevron, Fly, and Feather with Lazy Daisy stitches to the surrounding seams. The Chevron is yellow and really difficult to see in the photo but it's there.

Well, I hope Lori likes what I've done with her block. Now I have one more block to work. I'm hoping to get it done over the weekend and get them both in the mail early next week.

Until Next time...Happy Needling!!!



7 comments:

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Wow - now I see what all the comments meant! That is so beautiful, Gerry! Great job... who'd have guessed Cinderella is your favorite - that thing about not wanting to stop on the ones we really like a lot!

Ati said...

Gerry, you have done a beuatiful job on Lori's block. I love the pumpkin carriage. At least this RR comes to an end, I guess Nancy will be relieved :)

Christy said...

Gorgeous work on Lori's Cinderella block! Love the song and the carriage, really nice touches!

Gerry said...

Thank you, ladies! It's so nice when inspiration strikes. LOL.

I think the coach is my favorite, too.

JK said...

Hey darlin...this is gorgeous!! I love, love what you did to Lori's block, and know she is going to be thrilled!

Listen...don't let that stuff with Evening Star get you upset okay? This was an honest mistake. We all know you too well to believe you did anything wrong... So keep your pretty head up and kick back and have a glass of wine...

Anonymous said...

Gerry, you did a wonderful job on the block for Lori, think she will be very pleased with it!
Hugs, WILMA

Susan said...

Can you tell I'm playing blog catch-up? =) I absolutely love the carriage! That is fabulous and so perfect for the theme. =)