22 January 2008

Spreading The Word



Monica over at Girl Gone Thread Wild is hostessing a wonderful little "community art doll project for charity" for a very worth-while cause - The Fight Against Breast Cancer. And she has aptly named the project "the pink artist".

All it requires of your time is to make at least one 2" by 2" cloth based 'art square' and mail it to her by March 1st, 2008. Such a fun project with such a small commitment for such a wonderful cause!

The art squares will be sewn onto an art doll which will be donated to the ADQ (Art Doll Quarterly), to in turn be auctioned off. And of course all of the proceeds will go directly to benefit the charity.

Please won't you go visit her blog, read all about it, and sign on to help out? I hope so. I will get my squares posted just as soon as I get them done. But first I have to go buy a magnifying glass so that I can see them. LOL.

I hope to see your name, blog, etc., posted to her "pink artist" list!


Until Next time...Happy Needling!!!



3 comments:

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

What a cool project! I cannot wait to see what you get done. It will be awesome....as usual.

girlgonethreadwild said...

Thank you Gerry for this wonderful post! I'm beyond thrilled to see the outpouring of artists so generous to give of their time & energy for this project. Our doll may just have a wardrobe when we are through! lol How exciting! Check back later today as I post the start of the squares arrival, they are beginning to arrive- yesterday I r'cvd the first 3 pkgs. How cool is that! xo, Monica

Gerry said...

Mindy, darling how are you? Nice to see you come to visit. And thank you so much for your kind words (and confidence)!

Monica, what you're doing is such a wonderful thing. And I'm so glad you noted that it's not just a WOMAN's issue!