15 March 2008

Dragon Tales - 2

I been tinkering with my dragon block off and on for the past few days and have made enough progress to post it.

I decided to try some of the ideas left in the comments of the original post and I think it's working out nicely. I used a shiny pink cording around the center piece and the gold rick-rack on the right side. At the lower right I've added what is supposed to be scales, ending in a tale. The upper left hand portion is supposed to be a thorn bush with red berries.



I've been tearing my supplies apart looking for other fun and different items to add and have run across a brass dragon and a few tiny daggers, which I might add. I've also been searching the internet for photos of swords, fairies, etc. I've even considered adding a couple of eggs.

But for now, I've put it aside for the moment because it just isn't speaking to me. When inspiration strikes again, I'll post an update!

BTW, this is post #300 for my blog! My how time flies. LOL.


Until Next time...Happy Needling!!!



5 comments:

Cat said...

Too funny, "it just isn't speaking to me." But I know what you mean, our creations have to call us and entice us and encourage us!

I think your dragon is trying to tell you something with his silence. What does he (or she) want....

Your thorns and scales are great.

Wendy said...

Gerry, I love what you have done to your block. Especially the scales, how original. This is going to be an awesome block when finished. I like the egg idea also, maybe an egg hatching out.
Wendy

ZONE F DG TEAM said...

You've been tagged. Check out my blog.

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

Congrats on post #300!

I am liking how it is looking!! I am loving the scales. I know you are just going to blow us away with this one.

Gerry said...

Hi Cat, it seems that it either doesn't speak to me or it screams at me to leave it alone. LOL.

Wendy, I thought the egg idea was great. Unfortunately, my ability to draw and stitch one didn't quite pan out!

Carol, thanks for the tag. I took you up on it.