11 March 2008

Dragon Tales

I finally got bored enough yesterday that I decided to piece a block to work on. I had drawn this dragon head about a year ago and decided to see if I could sew it onto fabric. Originally, I was going to try and constuct a doll or stuffed animal out of it. But....



So, out comes the Press 'n Seal again and after about four hours, here it is! I have no idea what I'm going to do with the rest of the block. Or what I'm going to do with it when I'm finished.



Hopefully, some seam treatments, lace, beads, and maybe some ribbon will help make it less sinister looking. LOL.



If you have an idea for this block, please feel free to chime in.

Until Next time...Happy Needling!!!



9 comments:

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

That is so cool! He would look good with sparkles and shimmery stuff.

I know he will just turn out awesome. Anything you show us is awesome.

Lori said...

How about a fantasy block with fairies and lots of bright flowers, maybe some elfs or fantasy figures hiding in the trees or bushes?
maybe a stream or a waterfall? just a few ideas! Looks great though!
Lori

Ati said...

Hi Gerry, my grandson says that the dragons have flames or smoke out of their nose or mouth, will that help a bit?
Cool item, there is a lot of dragonstuff going on in groups lately, I wonder how that comes????

ZONE F DG TEAM said...

Thanx for the suggestion regarding resolution. I tinkered with it, duplicating the resolution on my work computer and voila... I'm coming to you live from my residence. I will link to you later to prevent losing the site.

Thanx again,
Carol

Gerry said...

Mindy, Lori & Ati, thanks for the suggestions/info. I'll get my progess posted soon.

Carol, I'm glad that you're getting the visual issues resolved!

Courtney Short said...

what a unique idea!! Can't wait to see what you do with it :-)

Cat said...

I like Lori's ideas with fantasy things!... and maybe a few flames too... unless he's really a nice dragon deep down.

Have fun with it!

Wendy said...

Gerry, your dragon is way cool as my son said when he saw it. How about some knights or caslte along with those fairies. My son stated he needed a rider like Erogon. Which ever way to go, he will be great!
Wendy

Gerry said...

Thanks for the great suggestions. I've actually put some of them to use.

Wendy, I like your DS's suggestion but you would have to send him here to draw it out. LOL.

Ati, I like the flames/smoke idea too. I'm sure I have something that I could use for that. Hmmmmm.