06 March 2008

Yes, It Hurt!

My last posting date was February 20, 2008. Chances are that most of you didn't really notice. I mean, why would you? But this is what I was doing later that night. I wish I had been watching the eclipse instead! Or doing anything else at a full moon.

You wouldn't know it from these photos but my Jeep was in pristine condition. Nearly 10 years old and only 79,000 miles. This was my baby! DH ordered her special for me in May of 1999. She was my wedding present from him. I'm just heart-broken over this. It was really difficult to say GOOD-BYE to her.




For legal reasons, I can't say anymore for now. But I'm telling you, the last few months have just been really yucky! I'm so looking forward to getting my house sold and getting the hell out of Texas.

BTW, did you know that statistically, accidents, domestic violence, all sorts of crime, weird behaviors, etc., increase by over 50% during full moons? It's true. It's all connected to positive ions. It's called THE FULL MOON EFFECT. Look it up....it's interesting!

Until Next time...Happy Needling!!!



9 comments:

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

But Texas will miss you. I am going to hate that you were here in this state and I never got to meet you.

Ati said...

Oh Gerry, I can imagine that you got hurt. But it is a car and you are safe. I know a car is a bit of you after several years but is replacable and a human loss is much worse.

Gerry said...

I'm going to miss all of the people I've met while here. But luckily, there is still the Internet!!!!

You are correct, Ati. Metal is only metal. Life is precious.

Cat said...

Oh oh. I so hope you are okay!!! What a terrific piece of metal if it protected you from that hit!

I know a lot happens under the full moon. I'll have to look up the relation to ions. I've always said I didn't like living in the flatlands because of negative ions! lol - no scientific basis to my statement!

Be blessed, Cat

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Glad you're back to posting. Hard to say goodbye to an old friend, but you still have DH and a new baby will come...eventually. You've said so many goodbyes in the last few months, but you're moving along beautifully!! I am proud of your courage and see strength growing in you through these awful, hard times! Be well, my Friend.

Lynn said...

Ouch!! So glad you are OK...That is most important. Where are you moving too. I missed that blog...Take Care

Gerry said...

Thank you all for your concern.

For now I'll be driving DS's red Mustang (not exactly a "MOM" car. LOL). That is when I'm ready to drive again.

Lynn, we're moving to Colorado. Back to the MOUNTAINS!!!

Gina E. said...

Hi Gerry,
Thanks for visiting me and leaving a comment - nice to see you again.
So sorry to see your beloved car pranged up like that. It is really strange how we humans can bond so closely to a piece of metal! But I've been the same about my bikes and cars - I've always looked after them as you did with yours, then something happens to wreck it. Just makes you sick, don't it..

Gerry said...

I do allow anonymous posts on my blog, I do not allow snideness, back-handedness, gossip mongering or down-right nastyness.

For that reason I deleted the anonymous post by Susan Whitehead, Yahoo ID: sienna2730, IP Address: 206.54.199.172

Thank you for your understanding.