To my little corner of the world where there is no limit to creativity. Where possibilities are endless. Where life happens and is embraced. And where a sense of humor is a must!

Sewing Southpaw...

Is the place where I share my creativity, my hobbies, and other stuff!


PET STORE PUPPIES AND INTERNET PUPPIES ARE PUPPY MILL PUPPIES.

NEVER BUY A PUPPY FROM A PET STORE OR FROM THE INTERNET...

STOP THE CRUELTY. DON'T SHOP - ADOPT!




NMDR Website

Colorado Miniature Schnauzer Rescue

Miniature Schnauzer Vintage Dog Rescue


Email sign photo emailsign.gif



Translators:
OR:



This is my son - all grown up.
I'm so very proud of him!
But I wish he would call
just a little more often :-)
Hugs, Mom

Fritz Von Woofshmidt
01/10/2000 - 01/04/2014



Fritz (aka Boo)
The very bestest doggy ever!


Visit My Shoppes

SSCandQ
  • Etsy
  • Ebay
  • PayPal
  • Email Me




  • Eye Candy Links
    My Photos At

    flickr

    www.flickr.com
    Hookstragang's My Own Creations photosetHookstragang's My Own Creations photoset






    In Loving Memory of
    Bella Donna


    In the short time that we had together your unconditional love filled our lives with happiness, and our hearts with joy.

    Your passing leaves us forever changed.

    Rest in peace my sweet, darling, little girl.

    July 5, 2006
    to
    October 19, 2007


    Legal Guide
    For Bloggers

    Free Web Site Graphics:



    Leather To Lace




    for visiting my blog





    Powered by Blogger

     





    “The most potent muse of all is our own inner child.”
    Stephen Nachmanovitch

    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Colorado, United States



    I'm a wife, a mom, a dog lover, a complete lefty, a true scorpio, and I'm on a creative journey. I welcome you to join me.



    Sewing Southpaw...

    Is the place where I share my creativity, my hobbies, and other stuff!


    12 October 2007

    Fiary Tale RR - Lauri's Block

    The other day I received 2 of the 4 blocks I'm waiting for, for the Crazy4CQ/CQN Round Robin. I have completed my work on all of the Unicorn Group blocks. Now, only the Fairy Group blocks remain.

    This block was lovely as a naked block. After being worked, it is really quite beautiful. The ladies in this RR have really done a nice job. This is the work I did on Lauri's "Last Unicorn" block.


    I added (1st photo): the silver metallic seam treatment and green beads at the upper left corner of the Unicorn, and also the white and black beads at the bottom. I also made a slit in the back of the Unicorn siggie and added some quilt batting inside to 'poof' it out. It had gotten really stretched, skewed and wrinkled during its journey. Now it looks like a little pillow and has a wonderful 3D look to it.

    (2nd photo): the butterfly button cluster, the ribbon and french knots (to the left), and the dual seam treatments (lazy daisy, beads, and flowers) below.



    (3rd photo): "seascape" (but not the purple bead trail at the right bottom), and (4th photo) the vine type seam treatment with french knots and the purple beads (to the existing lace).



    The other block I received is Nancy's. I will start working on it today and post photos when I finish my part. Hopefully, I will receive the final 2 blocks soon.

    As always, thank you for taking the time to stop by and look! And until next time...Happy Needling!!!

    Labels: , , , , ,

    2 Comments:

    Blogger Clothmatters said...

    All of the blocks are exquisite.

    October 12, 2007 at 6:03 PM  
    Blogger Gerry said...

    Thank you so much. They were fun. But then, they always are. LOL.

    October 14, 2007 at 11:50 AM  

    Post a Comment

    Links to this post:

    Create a Link

    << Home