06 October 2007

My STS - Fall Blocks Are Back

Yippee!!! I got both of my blocks back from my partners this week. These women are QUICK! The blocks aren't even due to be mailed until October 25th. In fact, I'm surprised that I'm receiving so many of them so soon. Good job, ladies!

Anyway, I am just tickled with both of these blocks. It's obvious that a lot of time, thought and effort were put into finishing them. My original block went to Carole. She put so many wonderful treatments on this block, as you can see in the before and after photos. I especially like the ribbon work and the lace motif. I added the additional photo because I thought the bead work was just so unique and fun.



And you'll notice if you pop over to her blog that she already has her Winter block pieced. LOL.

My second block was dubbed the "Make It Even" block because we had an uneven number of partners. This block was supposed to be raffled off/given away in some manner to the group since we're all allowed only one block. But now that I have it in my hot little hands I don't want to give it away. It will be difficult to part with it.

Sharon R worked on this block. I don't know where she found the embellishments that she used. They are just adorable. I had added a lot of lace and trims to this block and Sharon did a great job of spicing them up with french knots, beads, and buttons. I got the biggest kick out of the little bees and the gourd. Way too cute.



It makes me feel good to know that everyone participating is going to be just thrilled with their blocks. This has been a great group of swappers. They have taken so much care in doing their best for their partners. I'm so very proud of all of you! Thanks so much.

Well, I guess I better start pulling my Winter Block fabrics together. LOL. I don't want to be the slacker in the group. LOL.

Until next time...Happy Needling!!!

5 comments:

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

Oh I love how these were done! So pretty!

Maddie Can Fly said...

Love the work Carol did. I'm glad you showed both the before the after so you can really see the differences.

Clothmatters said...

Both of the block are amazing with wonderful details.

Gerry said...

Thanks for stopping by. I was very lucky to have these ladies work on my blocks.

Ati said...

Hi Gerry, you have so many lovely new things on your blog since I was away.
I Love the Fall blocks you have finished and i am listening to Barry White when i write this , good music too :))
I am happy that you like you 'good daughters' block, it was nice to work on it.