12 October 2007

Fiary Tale RR - Lauri's Block

The other day I received 2 of the 4 blocks I'm waiting for, for the Crazy4CQ/CQN Round Robin. I have completed my work on all of the Unicorn Group blocks. Now, only the Fairy Group blocks remain.

This block was lovely as a naked block. After being worked, it is really quite beautiful. The ladies in this RR have really done a nice job. This is the work I did on Lauri's "Last Unicorn" block.


I added (1st photo): the silver metallic seam treatment and green beads at the upper left corner of the Unicorn, and also the white and black beads at the bottom. I also made a slit in the back of the Unicorn siggie and added some quilt batting inside to 'poof' it out. It had gotten really stretched, skewed and wrinkled during its journey. Now it looks like a little pillow and has a wonderful 3D look to it.

(2nd photo): the butterfly button cluster, the ribbon and french knots (to the left), and the dual seam treatments (lazy daisy, beads, and flowers) below.



(3rd photo): "seascape" (but not the purple bead trail at the right bottom), and (4th photo) the vine type seam treatment with french knots and the purple beads (to the existing lace).



The other block I received is Nancy's. I will start working on it today and post photos when I finish my part. Hopefully, I will receive the final 2 blocks soon.

As always, thank you for taking the time to stop by and look! And until next time...Happy Needling!!!

2 comments:

Clothmatters said...

All of the blocks are exquisite.

Gerry said...

Thank you so much. They were fun. But then, they always are. LOL.