To my little corner of the world where there is no limit to creativity. Where possibilities are endless. Where life happens and is embraced. And where a sense of humor is a must!

Sewing Southpaw...

Is the place where I share my creativity, my hobbies, and other stuff!


PET STORE PUPPIES AND INTERNET PUPPIES ARE PUPPY MILL PUPPIES.

NEVER BUY A PUPPY FROM A PET STORE OR FROM THE INTERNET...

STOP THE CRUELTY. DON'T SHOP - ADOPT!




NMDR Website

Colorado Miniature Schnauzer Rescue

Miniature Schnauzer Vintage Dog Rescue




Translators:
OR:



This is my son - all grown up.
I'm so very proud of him!
But I wish he would call
just a little more often :-)
Hugs, Mom

Fritz Von Woofshmidt
01/10/2000 - 01/04/2014



Fritz (aka Boo)
The very bestest doggy ever!


Visit My Shoppes

SSCandQ
  • Etsy
  • Ebay
  • PayPal
  • Email Me


  • Eye Candy Links
    My Photos At

    flickr

    www.flickr.com
    Hookstragang's My Own Creations photosetHookstragang's My Own Creations photoset






    In Loving Memory of
    Bella Donna


    In the short time that we had together your unconditional love filled our lives with happiness, and our hearts with joy.

    Your passing leaves us forever changed.

    Rest in peace my sweet, darling, little girl.

    July 5, 2006
    to
    October 19, 2007


    Legal Guide
    For Bloggers

    Free Web Site Graphics:



    Leather To Lace




    for visiting my blog





    Powered by Blogger

     





    “The most potent muse of all is our own inner child.”
    Stephen Nachmanovitch

    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Colorado, United States



    I'm a wife, a mom, a dog lover, a complete lefty, a true scorpio, and I'm on a creative journey. I welcome you to join me.



    Sewing Southpaw...

    Is the place where I share my creativity, my hobbies, and other stuff!


    01 October 2007

    Happy October 1st

    I just can't seem to accept that autumn is here until October rolls around. I think it's because I am still programmed for a mountainous climate. And October usually brings the changing of the leaves in the canyons, cooler nights, and often the first snow of the year.



    October also gets the ball rolling for one of my favorite holidays. Oh, I do look forward to Halloween in as much as I love to decorate, love to carve pumpkins, and love to dress up to hand out candy to our trick-or-treaters. Although, we just don't get as many trick-or-treaters as we used to.

    October is also a birthday packed month for us. We celebrate more than 12 family birthdays within 3 weeks of each other. WOW!!!! Oh, and mine is in there, too! I'll be 47 this year. I think I'll get off this subject. LOL.

    Instead, I will leave you with some October what's it's and observances. Enjoy :-)

    Zodiac signs: Libra and Scorpio
    Birthstone: Opal (Traditional) Tourmaline (Modern)
    Flower: Calendula (The Calendula represents grief and jealousy)

    Adopt-a-Shelter-Dog Month
    AIDS Awareness Month (National)
    Apple Month (US National)
    Auto Battery Safety Month
    Blindness Awareness Month (World)
    Book Month (National)
    Brain Injury Awareness Month (National, US)
    Breast Cancer Awareness Month (National, US)
    Car Care Month
    Caramel Month
    Car Care Month (National US)
    Child Health Month
    Clergy Appreciation Month (Pastor Appreciation Month)
    Computer Learning Month
    Cosmetology Month (National, US)
    Country Music Month
    Crime Prevention Month
    Dental Hygiene Month (National, US)
    Dessert Month (National US)
    Dinosaur Month
    Disability Awareness Month (National)
    Disability Employment Awareness Month (National, US)
    Domestic Violence Awareness Month
    Drum Month (International)
    Energy Awareness Month
    Family Health Month
    Family History Month
    Family Sexuality Education Month (National)
    Fire Prevention Month (National)
    Flu & Pneumonia Month
    German American Heritage Month
    Glaucoma Awareness Month (National, US)
    Healthier Babies Month (National)
    Healthy Lung Month
    Hispanic Heritage Month (September 15 - October 15)
    Adult Immunization Awareness Week (National)
    Kitchen & Bath Month
    Learning Disability Awareness Month
    Liver Awareness Month
    Lupus Awareness Month (National)
    Magazine Month (American)
    Medical Librarians Months (National, US)
    Mental Illness Awareness Week
    Pasta Month
    Pastor Appreciation Month (Clergy Appreciation Month)
    American Pharmacy Month (National, US)
    Physical Therapy Month (National, US)
    Pickled Pepper Month
    Pizza Month (National
    Polish-American Heritage Month
    Popcorn Poppin' Month (National)
    Pregnancy & Infant Awareness
    Pretzel Month
    Rollerskating Month
    Sarcastic Awareness Month
    Seafood Month
    SIDS Awareness Month (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome)
    Spina Bifida Awareness Month (National, US)
    Spinal Health Month (National, US)
    Stamp Collecting Month (US National)
    UNICEF Month
    Vegetarian Month
    Youth Against Tobacco Month

    I hope you all had a good October 1st. And until next time...Happy Needling!!!


    Labels: , ,

    1 Comments:

    Blogger Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

    This is my favorite month and my birthday is in it too!!

    Swap over at my place if you are interested. Tis an easy one.

    October 2, 2007 at 7:11 AM  

    Post a Comment

    Links to this post:

    Create a Link

    << Home