21 May 2008

Projects - Done and New

First of all, I can't believe I haven't posted anything since Mother's Day. My gosh, time is just flying by lately. Maybe that's because lots has been going on... ya think?!?!?!!?

Today I'll start with this and then follow up with other posts to try and get through my 'list' and then move on. LOL.

Here's what's finished:

1. Food Fight swap blocks for CQN, hosted by Janet. My block theme was Chicken Tortilla Soup (see it HERE). The block I received in return was made by Judy C, and the theme is Corn Casserole. Judy did such a great job with this block. Check out the ears of corn in the top right corner, the little barn, the plantings in the middle, and of course, the "Keepin' It Rural" sign. How fun!!!! Thanks, Judy.

Food Fight Swap

2. Heart swap block for COH. Margaret G, in Australia sent me this adorable heart with my blog lady on it. Too cute, I just love it. Margaret was gracious enough to make this heart special, as the others were spoken for. How sweet is that? Thank you, Margaret.

COH.From Margaret G.

She also included a little note with some personal information and these goodies. See the heart I traded with her HERE.

3. STS-Spring block for CQN, hosted by yours truly. With these blocks coming home, we wrap up 3 of the 4 seasons we're working on. The STS-Summer block share has just gotten under way and will wrap up in August. Gosh, I don't know what I'll do then without having about 30 blocks at any given time to drool over. LOL.

Anyway, this is my finished block after Mary's work. She added some wonderful embellishments, seam treatments, and personality to this block. She even added some color to my poor little sticks in the vase! And isn't the spider and web darling? You know how much I like those. I have to give Mary an extra round of applause because she managed to stay on track with this project during an unexpected move and a considerable amount of stress and turmoil. Thank you, Mary!!!! See my work on her block HERE.

STS.Spring

4. I also received a couple of beautiful ATC's for the CQI, Secret ATC Motif Swap. But I can't show photos yet.....because it's a secret! What I can do it say THANK YOU to Jill and Lyn. The deadline for mailing is the 23rd. So it won't be long before I can post photos of the 2 ATC's that I received and of the 2 that I made.

Here's what's new:

1. I've decided (after about 2 years of basically just lurking in this group) to actually join in a few things at CQE. The first is a Christmas Orny swap hosted by Lisa, and the other is the My Favorite Things round robin, hosted by Cathy. I'm really looking forward to both of them. And with the STS block shares wrapping up soon, I will have the time to really enjoy them.

2. As I mentioned about, the STS-Summer block share is just getting under way. This time around we have 30 participants. And as before, some old faithfuls re-upping and some new-comers joining in. I haven't been asked to yet, but if someone doesn't have a blog, flickr, or some other place to share their photos/progress, I am glad to do it here. Just let me know. So, for now I will only post the names and links for those participating and state who they are partnered with.

(If you have a link that should be listed here but isn't, please let me know)

Ati and Mary
Carol B and Patrica
Carole and Rebecca
Christy and Lauri (06/14/08 partner change)
Connie and Sharon G
Courtney and Wendy
Debbie and Gerry
Faith and Sharon R
Helina and Sandra
Janet and Norma
Judy and Sue
Katrien and Peggy
Laura and Susie
Lori and Robin

06/14/08 update: Kate and Sherry have both had to drop out.


See my half worked block HERE. The blocks are not due to mail out until June 1st. I’ll get my partner’s block posted after I receive it and again after I have worked on it.


Okay, I guess that's it for this part. Now on to the rest.................



Until Next time...Happy Needling!!!



1 comment:

Maddie Can Fly said...

More like what are you going to do now that you won't have 30 blocks (people) to keep track of -- you'll be an absolute lady of leisure (LOL). Seriously, thanks so much for all the work you put into this swap -- I'd say it was a GREAT success.